Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: El español dominicano

Moderator - Spanish Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Suena terrible en inglés...

En mi opinión es un pésimo inglés.

You posted this video already in a thread you started last year and I gave my opinion there and it's the same. I don't think this person sounds Caribbean in English at all. The little English that he can speak sounds very Americanized and socio ethnic.

This was my post about that video:

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php...=1#post1613786

BTW- Let's keep this thread about Dominican Spanish and Caribbean Spanish since the topics are intertwined. If you want to discuss Caribbean English spoken by Dominicans please post in the thread you already started.

-MP.
    Last edited by Marianopolita; 05-31-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Moderator Spanish Forum
    www.DR1.com

Moderator - Spanish Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default la capital vs. Santiago

Here is a video that presents some in country rivalry. Who speaks better? - la gente de la capital o la gente de Santiago. One guy said los santiagueros hablan mejor porque hablamos con la /i /. That gave me a good laugh because el cibaeño is considered a true dialect in Spanish one of the few and it's quite the opposite. Hablar con la /i / is not the standard in Spanish. That's like saying hablar con la /zh/ like in Uruguay and Argentina is the standard.

So who speaks better in the DR? Los de la capital, del Cibao, del sur what do you think?

-MP.

Moderator Spanish Forum
    www.DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a time when Dominicans in Puerto Rico were claiming to be from la capitai or capitar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234