Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorbike Rental in Las Terranes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Motorbike Rental in Las Terranes

Hey DR1 Crew,

I am going to be sending two weeks in DR this summer with a couple of buddies. We are hoping to do most of our trip on motorbikes and am trying to find some reputable rental agencies. I have been trying to find something in SD but it seems like bike rentals are just do not exist in the capital. Second option is to find somewhere in LT that rents motorbikes. Not looking for big motorcycles but something in the 100-250 cc range, either a semi automatic or manual.

I understand the dangers involved with driving motorbikes anywhere and have read a lot about the traffic and concerns about driving in DR. I have been living and riding in big cities in Asia for almost a decade and deal with dangerous intense traffic on a daily basis. I understand the risks involved and can let you know in advance I appreciate your concerns.

If anyone has any info or contact details on rental companies in LT or the surrounding area please let me know.

Thanks!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerCP View Post
    Hey DR1 Crew,

I am going to be sending two weeks in DR this summer with a couple of buddies. We are hoping to do most of our trip on motorbikes and am trying to find some reputable rental agencies. I have been trying to find something in SD but it seems like bike rentals are just do not exist in the capital. Second option is to find somewhere in LT that rents motorbikes. Not looking for big motorcycles but something in the 100-250 cc range, either a semi automatic or manual.

I understand the dangers involved with driving motorbikes anywhere and have read a lot about the traffic and concerns about driving in DR. I have been living and riding in big cities in Asia for almost a decade and deal with dangerous intense traffic on a daily basis. I understand the risks involved and can let you know in advance I appreciate your concerns.

If anyone has any info or contact details on rental companies in LT or the surrounding area please let me know.

Thanks!
    If you are going to LT there are many places you can rent a motor bike or ATV. Choose one when you get into town. There is a lot of info on-line if you search motorbike rentals in Las Terrenas DR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    If you are going to LT there are many places you can rent a motor bike or ATV. Choose one when you get into town. There is a lot of info on-line if you search motorbike rentals in Las Terrenas DR.
    Thanks LTSteve! Struggling to find any current info online despite my searches. If you have any details about what types of bikes are available, prices or any outfits or companys that you would recommend I would love to hear about it.

Thanks again

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerCP View Post
    Thanks LTSteve! Struggling to find any current info online despite my searches. If you have any details about what types of bikes are available, prices or any outfits or companys that you would recommend I would love to hear about it.

Thanks again
    http://us.las-terrenas-live.com/las-...ar-rental.html

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Try your google searches in Spanish. Most rental opportunities are not run by gringos and therefore won't have an English presence on the Web.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Renting a motorbike and riding around is like playing russian roulette. Just saying

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    Renting a motorbike and riding around is like playing russian roulette. Just saying
    If it intimidates you stay away form it, but for grown ups it is not bad. Where I found it intimidating was in the Bahamas where they drive on the wrong side of the street. Took that rental back in minutes!
    Der Fish

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a phone number of a reputable place but you would need to be able to speak Spanish or French. 809-782-2642. I've had lots of friends rent from there and have been happy. 

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information everyone. Found some contact info for a company up there and got a quote. Yamaha 200- renting three bikes for 10 days. Guy said he could do $25 a day with helmets, insurance and assistance if needed. Does that sounds like a reasonable price?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

For all 3 or each ?
    We do cars for $25/day in Cabrera but LT is different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast