Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorbike Rental in Las Terranes

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless you really love bikes and the riding experience, $25 for a car for 3 people is also a good option.

Two things to remember, one is the long distance riding in the sun (need good protection) and heavy rain (I say forget it, hard, with all the holes in the roads).

Second is make sure you have good locks and/or find a VERY safe place every time you park your bikes - they seem to find legs in DR, specially if belong to a foreigner (this one is a bit different from Asia, i.e. worse).

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found searching online for small companies in the DR to be nothing but frustrating.

If you want the best local rate, try to make friends with someone at your resort. Have him negotiate the rate for you with one of his buddies who rents these things. They all know someone.

After he gets you the best rate, throw him $25 for his efforts. You will both be happy.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

As an add on to original question, does anyone know of golf cart rentals in LT? I am arriving this summer, and will have my dad along. He has been through chemo for the last four months and is looking forward to the R&R in the DR, however, he is a little less able than usual, and would really benefit from the easy mobility provided by use of a golf cart rather than ATV or scooter.....anyone have any info on something like this?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Creature View Post
    I have found searching online for small companies in the DR to be nothing but frustrating.

If you want the best local rate, try to make friends with someone at your resort. Have him negotiate the rate for you with one of his buddies who rents these things. They all know someone.

After he gets you the best rate, throw him $25 for his efforts. You will both be happy.
    I am glad you had success with that, I find every time there is a middle man they need a cut and the price goes up, this is not just in DR but everywhere in the world.

The best is to know the price or approximate range and then you can deal with anyone, for example tell the middle man to go and get you so and so price and if he could you will give him a tip etc. - otherwise you get ripped off by accepting anything they say (and according to them is the best price in the world... lol).

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1 View Post
    As an add on to original question, does anyone know of golf cart rentals in LT? I am arriving this summer, and will have my dad along. He has been through chemo for the last four months and is looking forward to the R&R in the DR, however, he is a little less able than usual, and would really benefit from the easy mobility provided by use of a golf cart rather than ATV or scooter.....anyone have any info on something like this?
    Never seen golf cart rental in LT. Probably better off with a small car. The weather may be rainy and a golf cart would probably not give you much protection.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    Never seen golf cart rental in LT. Probably better off with a small car. The weather may be rainy and a golf cart would probably not give you much protection.
    Thanks so much!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

and I bet the same cost..... or very close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12