Alarm Company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
As a thought and possible alternative.

Our house was not prewired for an alarm system. Rather then having workers all over the house (and seeing everything) and needing to cut/drill/pound out cement and then hide the wires making a huge racket and mess...., we went wireless and installed myself. We have two main systems, in different areas of the house and several individual units. Downside is that some systems and/or components may not work that well sending wireless signal through cement. Wood is no problem so we did mount some motion detectors on the back of doors. The other is that the control unit does not wall mount and can easily be disabled. So we also have single units to cross cover some areas. Batteries can last up to a year.

Amazon has many systems, both hard wired and wireless, that you can do yourself. Most can be added too without much problem depending on if you want door/window alarms or motion detectors or a combination. Large animals may trigger the motion detectors so choose carefully.

GE Choice Alert Starter. Does not come with much at all. Add to this what other components you want.
GE Choice Alert motion detectors and door/window sensors.

GE Personal Security Motion-Sensing Alarm with Keychain Remote. These are individual battery units and not connected to the above. We have several and most of the time they can be programed so 1 or 2 keyfobs will work them all. We use some for indoor cross check security and a few on our porches aimed at the doors or windows that we want to have covered. They can be changed to loud alarm or chime that is nice for just outside our bedroom using the chime is loud enough.

I would also suggest that get the signs and stickers telling others that you have alarms. I think that a remote horn is available for the 1st system but I didn't get it.

Several wireless camera systems are available but usually don't work so well or for very long; 3 of 6 died and went into the... Fake cameras can be a deterrent too. OR... buy a car camera and a 110/12volt adaptor. Cheap, easy and small. Lot's of choices but read if you can download to a computer for better viewing.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Another item that we installed was a front gate doorbell with camera and intercom. Hard wired but we did ourselves. We can see who is at the gate and talk IF we wish from the house. Our gate is elec. so we can open it from the house without having to walk to and open the gate. Really cuts down on letting people know who and where we are, that we don't want to know.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Thanks. I think I found someone for her who is a dr1 member too!  She will be getting cams as well. :)

Thanks for letting us know. Did this provider respond to your OP or what? The OP sounded like it was for you but you are trolling for others?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Trolling...

The better way to start would have been to say...

My friend is unhappy with company X, can anybody suggest another?

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
Trolling...

The better way to start would have been to say...

My friend is unhappy with company X, can anybody suggest another?

WTF???....Harleysrock was doing me a favour because I have been overwhelmed with dealing with robbery and trying to contact the alarm company that had installed my alarms that had been destroyed by the thieves.  He offered to ask for me.  He is not trolling....for f** k sakes he was just trying to help a stressful situation.  
Do you feel better making your asshole comments?

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
It came from here.... but I'll take the punch if you like

Post 8, I just followed
Honestly....this situation has been exhausting and stressful.  I really don't understand the mindset here who take a simple question and turn it into something more than what it is.  It was a request for a security company in the Sosua area.  I couldn't find anything on Google and was beside myself.  The company I had been dealing with was not returning my calls and I was desperate.  Thankfully Harley stepped up and helped me and fortunately I got a response immediately.  I am very happy with the outcome.  So if you guys need to speculate and make this out to be something else....go for it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Give Sunny Solar a call.... he's  the poster in #8.....

I hope your problem is solved.... 

The French have a saying about being comfortable in your own skin......

Status
Not open for further replies.