Online residency renewal 2 questions

Feb 7, 2007
- Do you pay (buy) this new compulsory insurance before submitting the paperwork online, or after your online submission had been given go ahead to go take the paperwork original to Santo Domingo?

- Do you pay residency renewal fee before submitting the paperwork online, or after your online submission had been given go ahead to go take the paperwork original to Santo Domingo?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I paid the insurance after arriving in Santo Domingo, one or more blocks (walking) from immigration, quite easy, and they take credit cards.

Once my paperwork was accepted in person in Santo Domingo, then I paid.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1. it's compulsory for temp and temp to perm residencies. option for perm residencies, you can use property title or car matricula or bank statement. yes, you buy before submitting as you need to submit a copy of it.
2. you pay the fee in SD but upon submission you chose whether you want regular or VIP (for perm residencies)

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
You must buy the insurance before you do the on line work as you need proof you have it, the insurance company will send you proof of purchase..  Then you must get an original document from them before you submit the original documents.

You pay the renewal fee when you submit the original documents in person after your online submission if approved.

yopote

Jan 22, 2012
medical exam

1. it's compulsory for temp and temp to perm residencies. option for perm residencies, you can use property title or car matricula or bank statement. yes, you buy before submitting as you need to submit a copy of it.
2. you pay the fee in SD but upon submission you chose whether you want regular or VIP (for perm residencies)

does anyone know how much you have to pay for the medical examination
once done how long before you get your card..

thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
does anyone know how much you have to pay for the medical examination
once done how long before you get your card..

it's included in renewal fee.
theoretically it should take about 10 working days to process but mine took way more than that.

yopote

Jan 22, 2012
how much is the renewal fee

how much is the renewal fee
I called imigracion the phone rings and rings they don't pick up...

thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

JDFriend

the Translator
May 15, 2007
How long does it take nowadays since you upload the documents to get a response back?
It takes anywhere from 2 to 10 working days. May depend if it's your first renewal or your fourth (this is based on past experience). Make sure you upload to the website all the documents that appear on the list with an *

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
How long does it take nowadays since you upload the documents to get a response back?

I just did my first temporary renewal last week. After uploading all the documents, I received a confirmation on the DGM website about 3-4 days later(need to download that and bring it with you to DGM.

The insurance must be purchased before uploading the documents since they are one of the required docs. I used La Comercial de Seguros. Everything can be done online, but you must bring the ORIGINAL to DGM(they have an office across the street from DGM parking lot entrance where you can pick up the original. They had mine ready to go when I arrived.

You pay your renewal fee fee when you go to DGM - 5000 pesos + 1000 for V.I.P(temporary renewal).

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
it's included in renewal fee.
theoretically it should take about 10 working days to process but mine took way more than that.
Dv8, Please explain.
I done the med exam 0n 13.6. I ask for Vip got the answer no Vip when med exam is required. ( At least what I do understand) How do I know when to go to Santo Domingo again?
I phoned the Lab where I don the med exam and ask if they sent the result to the Immigration. They checked and said yes.

Thanks in advance.

PS I tried to call the Immigration the dont take the phone.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
keep on checking your page on migracion site, it should tell you the status of your application: examen medico completado, solicitud en evaluacion and so on. mine took a month or so. you may have to go to SD twice, once to make an appointment and again to complete the process. the rules have been tweaked again since i had my residency done so i really don't know how things are at the moment.
good luck!

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
keep on checking your page on migracion site, it should tell you the status of your application: examen medico completado, solicitud en evaluacion and so on. mine took a month or so. you may have to go to SD twice, once to make an appointment and again to complete the process. the rules have been tweaked again since i had my residency done so i really don't know how things are at the moment.
good luck!
Thank you very much for this information

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Tweaked is an understatement dv8

My sponsor for citizenship had the rules tweaked...
They now insist on sole ownership of a property.. no joint titles.

Heretofore, any title would suffice.
Now, both property and vehicle need to be singularly titled.

I ask you, what is the point of that?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Tweaked is an understatement dv8

My sponsor for citizenship had the rules tweaked...
They now insist on sole ownership of a property.. no joint titles.

Heretofore, any title would suffice.
Now, both property and vehicle need to be singularly titled.

I ask you, what is the point of that?

What I was told was not that (by one of the foremost immigration lawyers). It was that for new applications not involving marriage to a Dominican, the sponsor has to prove clean title - ie no mortgages or loans outstanding on the property or the car. However, the new (?) rules have gone up this week on the MIP site and it says this:

8.Carta de garantía notariada y legalizada en la Procuraduría General de la República, sustentada por una persona
dominicana de origen, con solvencia económica, en donde el garante declare que se hace responsable respecto a las
condiciones morales, económicas, gastos de manutención y repatriación si fuere necesario, respecto al solicitante. Esta
Declaración debe indicar los datos del inmueble y del vehículo que pone en garantía. Si el garante es casado, debe
aportar la autorización de la esposa, con copia de su cédula de identidad y de los testigos que figuren en el acto. Además
de:
a) Copia de la cédula del garante y de los testigos (si aplica).
b) Copia del título de propiedad de inmueble.
c) Copia de la matricula de vehículo.
d) Carta bancaria.

Which mentions neither! Go figure.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i can't speak about the citizenship process as it is of no value to me but DGM had "sole ownership" policy before in residency applications. the rules were that acceptable proof of economic solvency was property title in the name of the applicant, solely. this is why i used my car matricula instead. never mind that even half of our house is worth few time more than my SUV.