Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transport options from Barahona to Pedernales (Bahia de las Aquilas)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

dom-rent-a-car seems to be rather secretive about themselves. They provide no address nor telephone, only a form to order a car. Does anyone have any experience with them?

There is at least one company that runs large Hyundai busses from the Plazoleta, just a bit closer to the downtown area than the Arch.

There are lots of guaguas.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    You could try out this company in Barahona http://www.dom-rent-a-car.com/english/barahona.htm
    A friend of mine found them online.
    Thank you for the link. It seems like something we have been looking for. Have you or your friend use their service? After reading all about the scams with rentacar companies in DR, I am looking for a reliable company that will not try to overcharge us.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Onassis View Post
    dom-rent-a-car seems to be rather secretive about themselves. They provide no address nor telephone, only a form to order a car. Does anyone have any experience with them?

There is at least one company that runs large Hyundai busses from the Plazoleta, just a bit closer to the downtown area than the Arch.

There are lots of guaguas.
    Thank you for the info. Do you maybe know of a reliable rent a car service in Barahona?

Post Thanks / Like

Take the tours!! Save time and hassle.

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prices to Pedernales and Bahia de las Aguilas

I wanted to give an updated price on how to get to Pedernales from Barahona with public transportation.

As of August 2017, it costs 250p from Barahona to Pedernales and buses run every hour or 2. We were told in Pedernales that the buses left at 8am, 9:30am, and I'm unsure about the rest. It took about 3 hours to travel.

To get to Bahia de las Aguilas, we asked the hotel we were staying at if they knew anybody to take us, which of course they did and called him over so we could negotiate the price. He started at 1000p per person for a round trip motorcycle ride. After a very long time of negotiations, we ended up paying 1400p total for two people to ride on the little motorcycle round trip. His name is Antonio and his number is 829-367-6554.
    I'm sure if you ask anyone around town on a moto, they would take you as well, and maybe you can get it for a cheaper price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12