few questions

atilla

Mar 5, 2002
what is the legal age to consume and purchase alcohol? and what is the weather usually like during end of july and mid august?

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
drinking law is a joke

To "legally" drink you have to 18. Drinking laws aren't strictly enforced with the exception of clubs, bars and hotels and even then you'll find some places where you can get away with it.

As for the weather...super caliente!

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
age and temp

HOT HOT HOT. Depending on where you are coming from, you may want to make 100% sure that you have A/C to enjoy your time here...

Drinking age? Can you hold a glass? hehe. Had friends here in Sosua couple weeks ago with 15-16yr old kids (4 of them) and they were all able to purchase at corner stores and the liquor store. They would also have been able to enter the disco had their parents allowed it.

Not sure what it is like at the AI's or in PC, but doubt that it would be any more stringent.

marc

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Drinking Age???

I don't think they have one down here(or at least just on the books).
Couple weeks ago we were at a local outdoor cafe that has a live band once weekly. Next table over were three adults and one youngster about 8-10 yrs old. That boy knocked back four (4) Presidente pequenas quicker than I could drink my one Cuba Libre (Barcello- suavecito).
I almost got drunk just watching him..........