Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caribetour Bus and Bavaro Express

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have travelled by the last CT from SD to RSJ with stuff with some value. Give the driver a 100 pesos and show him your stuff and you will be ok.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    One can not make a reservation on Caribe Tours. Any ticket bought is for the very next bus heading to your destination.
    Der Fish
    I beg your pardon...... What cha say?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Der Fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, One CAN make a reservation online with Caribe Tours. Not sure about all the bus depots but I know for a FACT you can make a reservation in advance at the Santo Domingo bus depot. Not sure why it wouldn't be the same for all as they all link to the main computer.

Also you do NOT have to buy a ticket for the next bus out.

Fish, maybe you living in the past but things do change even in la rep dom.
    Well way back 6 months ago there was a sign up in Caribe Tours bus station in Puerto Plata which station I visited many times that said any tickets bought are for the next bus. It was right next to a sign advertising a real estate listing that had "walking closets!"
    Der Fish
    Der Fish

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I remembered seeing on their site that you can make reservations, but from SD only. You might want to check that Derfish.

5. Likes bigbird liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    I think I remembered seeing on their site that you can make reservations, but from SD only. You might want to check that Derfish.
    just checked the website, correct you are....................

Post Thanks / Like

For Expreso Bávaro you can't make bookings or buy tickets in advance. Almost every time I or someone I know has tried to take the bus they arrive an hour before departure and even so tickets are usually sold out.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

8. Likes bigbird liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Der Fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, One CAN make a reservation online with Caribe Tours. Not sure about all the bus depots but I know for a FACT you can make a reservation in advance at the Santo Domingo bus depot. Not sure why it wouldn't be the same for all as they all link to the main computer.

Also you do NOT have to buy a ticket for the next bus out.

Fish, maybe you living in the past but things do change even in la rep dom.
    you are right, BB. if you get to the Caribe Tours depot at 8.45, you can buy a ticket for the 10am bus..it does not have to be for the 9am.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

show up earlier for the Bavaro express.
    I used them 4 times and arrived each time around 30 mins, 25mins before leaving. Sold out 2 times by the time i could pay at the window

11. Likes bigbird liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    For Expreso Bávaro you can't make bookings or buy tickets in advance. Almost every time I or someone I know has tried to take the bus they arrive an hour before departure and even so tickets are usually sold out.
    Their website says one should be there at least one hour earlier. Since we will need the bus to catch our flight at the airport in Punta Cana, I guess arriving two hours earlier would be reasonable, right?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Of the two bus stations for the Bavaro express in Santo Domingo, does it matter which we chose? (Maybe one of them is less crowded?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast