motorcycles.....again

jazz

Mar 5, 2002
i know that this has been brought up many times but my husband and i are planning to rent a motorcycle for a week when we land in santo domingo. we need to know of a fairly reputable place to rent from. i couldn't find the name of a rental agency in any of the posts. please help! we're leaving tomorrow.

Toddy

Jan 10, 2002
Jazz--in planning to rent myself, I found much greater availability in Puerto Plata and Sousa than in Santo Domingo. One piece of advice I have for you is to bring your own helmets, if you are motorcyclists in the US. I've never been to the DR, but helmets I've encountered in other developing countries have been of shoddy enough quality to give me major jitters.
Let me know if I can offer you any more info...
btw., you might just want to look into jeeps--when i found out that the prices for jeeps and motorcycles aren't all toooo different, i decided that a jeep might just be more practical.
todd

jazz

Mar 5, 2002
we were thinking of renting a car for part of the time and then a motorcycle when we were up by samana for a few days. but what do we do with the car? do you know if you have to return it to the same place you got it from? is there some way around this?