Page 179 of 193 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1926

Thread: hurricane season 2017

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

A CEPM rep on one of the WhatsApp groups said that 40% of power has bene reestablished now, but they don't have any time frame for the rest, only that they are working around the clock.

As per EDE ESTE, over 200,000 households without power, as 50+ circuits out of 200 are down, and one high tension line of 69 kV is down as well, fencing Higuey, Banda, Hato Mayor, Nisibon, Miches, Sabana de la Mar, Yuma, El Seybo, Bayaguana, Monte Plata.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    A CEPM rep on one of the WhatsApp groups said that 40% of power has bene reestablished now, but they don't have any time frame for the rest, only that they are working around the clock.
    OK. 40% of what total out?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    That 2pm report was 63 miles off Cabrera & RSJ....

Blowing my calculations a bit - not far enough N
    Moving that way... but too slowly

CB - I bet that bridge is gone- and prolly the footings for the new one too !!
    Work 'gone down the drain' !!!

hahaha.... not that funny.... cuts off STI for many on no coast

Not much rain in Cabrera yet but has been windy..... hopefully less now

Catseye, Hippo... can you type ??

I've got water coming in my safe room, having to squeegee it out just like 2 weeks ago, sheets of rain coming in from the west, blowing harder now than all day.  I put a video on the Whatsapp chat.  It seems like a replay of Irma.  I calculate it as 67 miles from my house from the 2 pm report coordinates.  

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

those were Cabrera coordinates I used... not exactly RSJ's

My people are sweating it out.....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    those were Cabrera coordinates I used... not exactly RSJ's

My people are sweating it out.....

Between gusts it's actually pretty quiet, I 'll think it's dying down but then another huge gust comes in and whips everything around for a bit.  But in between gusts it just seems like a breezy day.  I guess it's winding down finally but I still wouldn't want to be caught outside in the middle of one of these gusts.  When there aren't any more I guess I'll venture upstairs for a hot meal.  But I'm spending the night downstairs again in any case.  

After Irma left, I went back upstairs that night.  And after dark the wind picked back up so strong that it sounded like it would literally tear my roof off, I couldn't sleep because it was so loud and I was too scared to sleep.  The way my house is set up I couldn't get back downstairs unless I went outside so I toughed it out.  But I won't ever do that again.  As it is the wind is usually strong at my house at night and I get some howling, no big deal.  But it was super mega extra strong right after Irma and felt like a damn tornado.

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

power in PP was patchy earlier on but now it's been off for about 3 hours.
    periods of rain/wind and then quiet. more rain than with irma, less wind. but there were few moments the zinc garage roof of the neighbour was rattling a bit.
    trying to kill time. napping. browsing the net.
    miesposo turned off the inversor earlier on so we have zero power, saving the charge for when it gets dark.

North Coast Moderator

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    power in PP was patchy earlier on but now it's been off for about 3 hours.
    periods of rain/wind and then quiet. more rain than with irma, less wind. but there were few moments the zinc garage roof of the neighbour was rattling a bit.
    trying to kill time. napping. browsing the net.
    miesposo turned off the inversor earlier on so we have zero power, saving the charge for when it gets dark.
    You're esposo is smart. But... no generator? Power outlets in car? You got candles? Batteries only go so far.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Playa Sosua now . . . [IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Solar View Post
    You're esposo is smart. But... no generator? Power outlets in car? You got candles? Batteries only go so far.
    no generator. cars have full tanks. we have candles and torches with them fancy lithium batteries. since inversor is off and the batteries are fully charged it should last for about 24hrs. with irma we only used it at night so we still had some juice when the rest of our street was black. same plan again.

i wonder if it is safe to go out. looks quiet.

North Coast Moderator