Page 190 of 192 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1911

Thread: hurricane season 2017

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand Post #1886. "Deadly sunday and monday"? Today was a perfect beach day.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    I don't understand Post #1886. "Deadly sunday and monday"? Today was a perfect beach day.
    not everywhere.
    we had most of the day rain on and off including hefty showers with thunder.
    but most of the system stayed over the caribbean Sea and did not kiss the Moiuntains.

Mike

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

just to pop in so nobody thinks our weather watch is forgotten, lol.
    it stayed quiet as promised and we have still no dangers to spot near Paradise Isle.
    the only active Atlantic system is a small one between Bermuda and the Azores,
    not an area we have to watch out for and anyways, IF it becomes a Storm number the next couple days, it would go down right away afterwards, no deveopment assisting conditions up there far away from our NE.
    for the next couple days all still looks quiet and fine.

keep to enjoy the weekend
    have a great one y'all.

Mike

4. Likes AlterEgo, rubio_higuey, sabra, RonS, Irie liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in Bavaro today at the Punta Blanca golf course and residences , next door to Hard Rock Hotel and Resort and the damage there from Hurricane Maria was horrific . i estimate between about 2000 trees destroyed ,many totally up rooted and others with all their branches torn from their trunks . It was much worse than I was reading here.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I had some glass guys who came to repair a window the other day, and they said that all of their staff had been diverted to work on fixing storm damage in Bavaro since Maria passed. They said there were a lot of broken windows in hotels. Compared to other islands we got off very light, but there was still damage.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

of course there been broken windows and such stuff.
    and keep in mind howcheap a lot of stuff is built, and anyways, receiving hurricane force winds means that stuff is flying around, like tree pieces, zinns, cocos etc etc etc, everyting that been left outside, of course you get some broken windows and alikes.
    so what, you name that "damage"due a hurricane?
    come on guys, whats that about?
    we are here in Punta Cana not just in very good shape compared to other Islands, as those other Islands received real damage up to total construction, we are even in very good perfect shape compared to the rest of the own country, the rest of THIS ISLAND. many parts of the DR lost a lot or even all. agricultural wide portions are hit down to full destruction.
    don't tell me due the comment of your Glass window fixing guy, who had to replace 5 dozen of windows, we had a major destructive outcome of the hurricane here in punta cana.
    you just start to sound like a new episode on CNN, lol.
    the DR suffers a lot due Irma and Maria, many people have their life work destroyed,
    BUT no hotel/resort in Punta Cana has anything to complain about, at least not due physical damage.
    what will be felt/and already is felt in Punta Cana, is that a significant number of planned to visit guests did not do so, they changed their bookings or just canceled them completely.
    and for next Hurricane Season Sept/Oct 2018 we will receive much less visitors than usual for the same low season travel period. 1 storm is something that's taken as a rare once per decade thingy, but the 2 back to back events we just had is of course scary for the visiting clientel and will show it's financial damage during the years to come for that time frame of the year.
    i live 100 yards from the Water, my windows not been taped nor otherwise prepared, and they are still all here/at their place. they resisted everything of the last2 decades and there is confidence they will keep up their good job in the future.
    even my ouside Mosqueteros stayed all in place and unharmed, even that i was sure they will be gone and easily to be replaced afterwards, too much work for this lazy guy to take them out of their fixed positions.
    some thousands of trees sure went down all around in the woods and around the lagoons, too, so what? that's mother nature's cycle to sort out the weak standing stuff every once in a while, thats Normal.
    those repairs to be done at tehe resorts, are minor stuff compared to the every several Decades once happening event we had.
    in case of Punta Cana really not worth to write home about.

Mike

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I get it Mike.... 

You should be back monitoring the chat line ...

Too many scammers/spammers..... keep punching them back.

Thanks again for all your help....
    Now about helping with those windows.....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

windows are cheap replacement, nothing to worry about, lol.
    the chat line should be clean, at least i did not get some new notification since this afternoon.
    or maybe Rubio cleaned up something before i saw it, we spent most time of yesterday and today down on the beach.
    imortant is to not get more strong rainfalls for the next many weeks to come,
    the countryis on the edge of real danger from such.
    all grounds are saturated, even here on the dry East around Punta Cana.
    and we are close to the time of the year when traditionally we receive the waters from above needed to fill the aquaeducts all around, just that this year all is already filled up to the top, in reality we would not need any rain anywheern the Isle before christmas, but we sure will get some from now til then.

Mike

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I can't seem to
    escape the Hurricanes! I'm currently in the UK and HURRICANE OPHELIA seems to be coming our way! Any input would be received gratefully!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at2...?cone#contents

J&T

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j&t's future View Post
    Mike, I can't seem to
    escape the Hurricanes! I'm currently in the UK and HURRICANE OPHELIA seems to be coming our way! Any input would be received gratefully!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at2...?cone#contents

J&T
    Do you mean to tell me that all these hurricanes in the Caribbean were YOUR fault??? Please don't come to New Jersey.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

12. Likes caribmike, j&t's future liked this post