Page 118 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1697

Thread: hurricane season 2017

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    so far no Tropical Wave to spot anywhere in the Caribbean Sea,
    not even any Disturbed Weather Area to mingle with such wave in the C-Sea.
    btw,
    the Hurricane Season is for this Island NOT a rainy Season, over all our summers are dry, all droughts that happen to this country happen during late Spring and Summer.
    the DR receives it's life saving rainfalls during Fall and Winter, exactly when there is no Hurricane Season.

Mike
    Oh ok... Thanks for the clarification.

I got that information (or misinformation) from what the meteorologist was saying in Roberto Cavada's tv show and according to the graphic they showed, there was an area of thunderstorms in the south caribbean sea, close to Trinidad and Tobago, and they were saying that the system, in combination with local daytime heating cycle, would probably cause some rain and thunderstorms for the weekend.

But i was checking the loop, and it looks like the thunderstorm clouds dissapeared from thin air.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl/rb-animated.gif

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mikefisher, I am living in easterner south shore and had minor effect of irma as you have predicated. I am long-time member of DR1 but do not participate in all the threads.
    I appreciate your value and educated opinion on these storms because you can explain in laymen terms all the “professionals’ options”.
    You are the best meteorologist in DR and without you we will be with “nada” here.
    I hope that all DR1 members can appreciate your contributions. I for one if ever in you region will pay for “green ones”, I personally prefer the brown ones Bohemia

XTraveller

3. Likes dulce, janlindy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Bohemias, like my best Buddy and also my spanish neighbour.
    next time I will turn the Storm, this is a Green Island. hahaha.

Mike

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose looks almost like being on stand by waiting to hit the US after Irma is done now... Hopefully not.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Jose looks almost like being on stand by waiting to hit the US after Irma is done now... Hopefully not.
    naaaa,
    Jose is wandering as I described last evening.
    I did not take any closer look on the weather today, yet, sleeping again til 9:30AM after the Girl been ready for school at 6AM been great, lol.
    Jose is inthe middle of it's full 360 Degrees Turn, loosing forwards speed and loosing Windpowers.
    it's heading this mid morning should be Eastwards, yeah weird, but this one is that weird,
    then it will be SE, S, SW, W and finally back to the prior NW.
    it will not pick up much strength once back over less cool waters further South of the actually cool water region.
    it should turn again waaay before reaching the USA, the typical Turn for weak Storms moving that way to their,
    out to Sea to find it's grave then.
    Circle Around Jose will not threathen anybody anywhere.

at the Moment we have nothing to watch anywhere out there, time for a lil weather rest.
    It anyways been already enough action for one Season I say.
    the weather gys can get more experience on their outlook next season.
    Mike

7. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

almst stationary Jose is stil drifting towards SE, too weak to go against any high pressure line on it's northern surroundings,
    chumming colder waters from beneath the Ocean's warmer surface waters.
    it is not a very healthy formation, a Hurricane on the low Cat1 scale.
    steering currents are already up to bring it back on the usual NW'ern Heading,
    I guess in the morning we will see it wandering towards the West, during the day then further turning til NW'wards will be on the compass. speeding up a bit later then on forward speed and running the typical Near-US-Shore Track NE over open deep cold waters between the mainland and Bermuda towards it's final Destination: Nowhere.

the actual weak waves ove rthe Atlantic are not associated with any areas of disturbed weather,
    so for several days out we should not get anything new on the Highway Radar.

also the Caribbean Sea does not show any strong tropical wave activity and should be good to be safe for days out of now.

again on Jose:
    in case it would not catch up with the esterlies by tomorrow morning and continue drifting towards the S/SE,
    coming within a around a 600 and less miles of ditance it would start to bring significant wave action and on nearer approach alos clouds/rain over the Virgin Islands, mainly Puerto Rico and the DR-Northshores. waves would also come down to effect PC Shores north of the Cape, in Bavaro and Uvero Alto then.
    but i am confident that the Easterlies will show their powers and move that ole piece of something definitaly out of our vicinity.
    Jose is running around our grounds much too long by now, time to come to an end.

Mike

9. Likes Expat-in-Cabarete, Timotero liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, Should we worry about Tropical waves 1 and 2?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They tend to come as couples this year...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess most stuff is more fun as a "couple", hehe.
    Jose turned away on time and will not come back this time.
    Disturbance 2 has a bad paved highway ahead, even if it becomes a TD it should not last long as a Storm.
    Disturbance 1 does not look as bad, butt is too young for a outlook.
    we have a look again over the weekend.
    nothing bad anywhere taht could reach us the enxt days, so no reason to worry about anyything else than not to be ready on time with teh BBQ, not well stocked on cold green medicines or to miss out on Beach Beauties while hanging on a computer watching far away Cloudiness.
    get out and enjoy the beauties of the Island

Mike

13. Likes caribmike, reilleyp liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mike.