Pasola or Moto

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I hope this is allowed and if so, hope it's in the right place.

Looking for a used pasola or Moto, but pasola preferred....

Can retrieve from almost anywhere Santiago and north.... even Sto Domingo if necessary 

ASAP, 

Thanks in advance  

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Can retrieve from almost anywhere Santiago and north.... even Sto Domingo if necessary 

ASAP, 

Thanks in advance  
Thousands of them on Corotos. Stick to a major brand you can get parts for. Buy a Chinese one at your own peril and prepare to repair frequently

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks, 
I thought by posting here I might get a private, better deal.

At the least, I would know where to go to strangle the seller if there was a problem..... hehehe

Here's what I have found....

A 'returned to the dealer ' pasola... 2 months old, 1500km, one of three months left on the guarantee.
Owner left to NYC.

25,000 pesos includes a year of insurance and the placa.
About double that new.... plus the insurance and placa.

Seems like a good deal if I can verify clean title and see the sale contract... matching everything up.

I have it on hold until Monday 

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Thanks, 
I thought by posting here I might get a private, better deal.

At the least, I would know where to go to strangle the seller if there was a problem..... hehehe

Here's what I have found....

A 'returned to the dealer ' pasola... 2 months old, 1500km, one of three months left on the guarantee.
Owner left to NYC.

25,000 pesos includes a year of insurance and the placa.
About double that new.... plus the insurance and placa.

Seems like a good deal if I can verify clean title and see the sale contract... matching everything up.

I have it on hold until Monday 

Does the owner know his pasola is being sold. LOL. I know you're doing your homework, and it was meant as a joke, because sometimes it's not. Not only in the DR.

Feb 7, 2007
Personally a 50% discount for a 2 month old scooter seems fishy especially at a dealer, a 2 month 1500 km unit would usually go for a maximum of 20% discount. I would double check.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sort of depends on what they  paid the seller, huh?

I have missed two deals and I am a serious bargain hound.

One I waited a few hours before deciding.... gone, cost me $2.000 on $18,000  for my second choice.
Second , I went home to get my trade.....
In less than 1/2 an hour came back..... out for a test drive and sold.

The lesson? 
Always put up your deposit.

Not sure you're right her Rubio..... it's like a repo but not...
Exiting owner.....
If the sales contract and the title match up.... I'll be pretty sur I'm not getting 'rubed'....
Sorry for the pun at your expense 

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
I have a 50 cc pesola that was kept under cover but on our boat. runs but I don't really know much about it ( it was my dads before he passed) has about 600 klm on it, 4 cycl 50 cc. chinese ?   trunk, battery charger, $300 US in Luperon.  bill of sale - was not titled in USA.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I would avoid the Chinese ones if possible. The Yahamas cost almost twice as much, but much better quality. PGO's from Taiwan are a good choice, too. Good quality and not as expensive as Yahama.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Personally a 50% discount for a 2 month old scooter seems fishy especially at a dealer, a 2 month 1500 km unit would usually go for a maximum of 20% discount. I would double check.

Just to follow with another anecdote.... for anyone in the market...

There are many instances of 'repossessions' in Rd.... failed financing deals.
Some companies offera grace period of 15 days to correct the shortage, others offer a month.

This pasola was the second 'repo' I looked at , so I had a feel for price.

The first had just been taken in... was in the 15 day grace period.
The salesman guessed the selling price (not established yet) at 25-30,000 pesos.
Much depends on how much has already has already been paid, etc.
This one has 11,000kms on it.... don't know how old.

So, when I saw the low km and fresh young pasola, I knew it was a good price.

I had been told that the original 3 month warranty was not transferable.
In my second encounter, it seems it is .... the 3rd of the 3 months being given to me.

It's interesting to see the machinations of RD business at work.
As in everything else Dominican, things seem 'fluid'.... to put it nicely.

This was all in GH... the headquarters of Moto Tipo San.... a plethora of motos available.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have a 50 cc pesola that was kept under cover but on our boat. runs but I don't really know much about it ( it was my dads before he passed) has about 600 klm on it, 4 cycl 50 cc. chinese ?   trunk, battery charger, $300 US in Luperon.  bill of sale - was not titled in USA.

Thank you Jan but I need a bigger engine to get up a rather steep hill.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Aniano Rivas...with his heli.. 
Has done pretty well. Have you seen his Blue house on the Hill just before arriving GH? 

luperongringo

Jun 16, 2016

ASAP, 

Thanks in advance  

I have a White Nippon Cima 125 Racing. Brand New in Perfect condition. Only has 37 klms, and is insured. Asking 37000 pesos obo. I paid 50000+. I am 79 years old and am a little shaky for this powerful machine. Mario in Luperon. mrmariok@aol.com or 829 721 1063. Hope we can have a deal. Thanks

luperongringo

Jun 16, 2016

ASAP, 

Thanks in advance  

I have a White Nippon Cima 125 Racing. Brand New in Perfect condition. Only has 37 klms, and is insured. Asking 37000 pesos obo. I paid 50000+. I am 79 years old and am a little shaky for this powerful machine. Mario in Luperon. mrmariok@aol.com or 829 721 1063. Hope we can have a deal. Thanks

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
No offense but at 79 everyone is allowed to be a little shaky on a moto

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

luperongringo

Jun 16, 2016
Luperon
Let me get back to you....

I appreciate the response, thanks 
Hey William, ask around and you will see this is not a bad deal. I bought the Pasola Brand New from the large moto dealership on the main road in Imbert. I have all the paper work so there would be no problem. I stand behind the Pasola 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.