Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Mall

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    There was an inauguration event at the Blue Mall last night - a concert by Puerto Rican reggaeton star Don Omar. Not clear though if the mall or any part of it is actually open for business yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXHQZ_sD-g6/

Drove by yesterday. Big empty looking.  I saw maybe 3 storefront announcements: Pizza Hut, isabella Steak and Bistro (coming soon?) Hard Rock. That's it.  Trying to peer inside a doorway..looked stark, dark and bare as of yesterday afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

I passed by at about 7pm. The concert was being set up in the area facing the main road - lots of advertising banners, lighting tests and sound checks, people milling around, vehicles in the parking areas.

I also doubt any businesses are actually up and running - the mall owners/Hard Rock Café must have set the date with Don Omar several months ago when this was still the projected opening date, and had to honour the agreement.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Update update. Today I just noticed sign outside of a blue mall entrance (i guess it is an entrance) announcing mall will be open August 17.  Here is the thing..there have been no changes to the traffic pattern.  I for one cannot begin to imagine the Nightmare of more traffic.  Highway with no semaphero. Rotundas with 4 way entrances to cross highway, the curvy roads merging into one lane. Right now I have not been able to see any clear marked entrances.  There will, I am sure be loads of tourist buses, shuttle buses from all those Bavaro hotels.  There is all the mega traffic every day to and from the airport. There is the Punta Cana resort and Cap Cana practically next to the Blue Mall (which to me still looks bare and unconstructed) and either the autopista or what I call the old road leading out of Punta Cana Village where Nacional is.  And, of course there are signs now all along the highway (Senor Ranieri's highway) announcing Blue Mall.  Mike do you have any info as to whether traffic layout will change.  A traffic light, a police directed traffic, something, anything?  If getting into car now just to go to Nacional or San Juan raises the blood pressure and stress level what is to come?  

Post Thanks / Like

They will have to put traffic lights or a roundabout on that crossing.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

5. Likes jeb321, KateP liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I was able to go inside the blue mall yesterday with a friend the place is amazing. east coast is getting better and better....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    They will have to put traffic lights or a roundabout on that crossing.
    And a large open space to use as a parking lot when they do events there and for the carnival. Never have understood how they can simply clog that road up that way when they've got so much land they could use.

8. Likes jeb321 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    I was able to go inside the blue mall yesterday with a friend the place is amazing. east coast is getting better and better....

Can you elaborate a little more?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    Can you elaborate a little more?
    adjective
    causing great surprise or sudden wonder.

Don't forget to tip your server. I'll see myself out.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    adjective
    causing great surprise or sudden wonder.

Don't forget to tip your server. I'll see myself out.

I don't think you quite understand the word as I have used it.  It is a "verb" in my sentence. I mean to RD Knight...can you add more information. " Elaborate .. To add more information or explain something you have said"
    Last edited by jeb321; 08-11-2017 at 03:51 PM. Reason: More info

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
     There is all the mega traffic every day to and from the airport. There is the Punta Cana resort and Cap Cana practically next to the Blue Mall (which to me still looks bare and unconstructed) and either the autopista or what I call the old road leading out of Punta Cana Village where Nacional is.    

Traffic yes.There is the road to Cap Cana, the Airport and Punta Cana Village.....But MEGA traffic? That's very much exaggerated. Coming from a Major city, the traffic there is very minimal.

13. Likes KateP liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast