Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Blue Mall

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    Hi Riva.  I am jealous of your upcoming trip to Argentina.  I look forward to your posting info whenever you return.  I looked into going about a year ago and at that time found the airfare prohibitively expensive.  We are confident we will get to Buenos Aires and other parts of that great country sooner rather than later.  Love the fact of your hotel booking.  Jeb

Im planning this trip very long ago and tickets prices always expesibe, I booked with travelocity my flight,  Avianca had better proce and schedule, arriving Buenos Aires 6 am and back arriving 5:30 pm.  Direct on Avianca website was 1,343.00 so I got very good price.  Later copa dropped prices to 1,099.00 but arriving Buenos Aires at midnight and back to Dominican at 10:30 pm.  Couldnt get better price because had to wait 30 days for Visa application.  We got plane tickets to Iguazu for 144.00 on Kayak round trip, very lucky to got it half price, and also planning 1 night in Asuncion going by Bus to Paraguay.  Just waitting date to leave.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Im planning this trip very long ago and tickets prices always expesibe, I booked with travelocity my flight,  Avianca had better proce and schedule, arriving Buenos Aires 6 am and back arriving 5:30 pm.  Direct on Avianca website was 1,343.00 so I got very good price.  Later copa dropped prices to 1,099.00 but arriving Buenos Aires at midnight and back to Dominican at 10:30 pm.  Couldnt get better price because had to wait 30 days for Visa application.  We got plane tickets to Iguazu for 144.00 on Kayak round trip, very lucky to got it half price, and also planning 1 night in Asuncion going by Bus to Paraguay.  Just waitting date to leave.

Sounds wonderful! Iguazu I, as Obviously you have too, should be memorable. But I forgot to ask ... Where are you flying from?

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

These are some of the stores at this mall.

Anyone familiar with malls in Santo Domingo and Santiago will immediately recognize many of these brands.

Moderator Polls Forum

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Went yesterday. It looks really nice, a bit over half the stores are open I would estimate. There's a department store opening too, curious to see what they'll have. Not many stores there for me really but nice to see and walk around. Hard Rock Cafe, Burros Borrachos and Pizza Hut are open, a few others still under construction. Yes, there are a few gift shops by the north entrance but most stores are clothing and accesories. Also saw a Supermercado Nacional sign on the east side so still looks like they'll eventually build there. Parking lot's a bit complicated, they'll have to put up a few more signs to keep people from driving around in circles imho.

Sent from my SM-G800M using Tapatalk

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds wonderful! Iguazu I, as Obviously you have too, should be memorable. But I forgot to ask ... Where are you flying from?
     I will make SDQ-BOG EZE return EZE-BOG-SDQ and while in Buenos Aires AEP-IGR-AEP.  From Aeroparque flight was cheapper than Departing from EZeiza and a friend told that was easier to arrive to Aeroparque.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    Went yesterday. It looks really nice, a bit over half the stores are open I would estimate. There's a department store opening too, curious to see what they'll have. Not many stores there for me really but nice to see and walk around. Hard Rock Cafe, Burros Borrachos and Pizza Hut are open, a few others still under construction. Yes, there are a few gift shops by the north entrance but most stores are clothing and accesories. Also saw a Supermercado Nacional sign on the east side so still looks like they'll eventually build there. Parking lot's a bit complicated, they'll have to put up a few more si,
    gns to keep people from driving around in circles imho.

Sent from my SM-G800M using Tapatalk

Kate..hi. Where is the dept store? I must have missed which space it will be in. And interesting that Nacional still has its plans. That will be very nice.  What do you think might happen to restaurants in PCV?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Kate..hi. Where is the dept store? I must have missed which space it will be in. And interesting that Nacional still has its plans. That will be very nice.  What do you think might happen to restaurants in PCV?
    The department store will be on the southeast side next to Farmacia Carol. Couldn't tell how big it will be though. Originally CCN (Nacional and Jumbo) was supposed to build where Ilumel is but instead remodeled the bowling alley where they currently are. Very possible that an agreement was reached that they would build something larger later on. As for the restaurants in PCV, they might feel the effect a bit at the beginning but I wouldn't be worried about Wendy's, Mamma Luisa, Brot, Pizzarelli and el Burrito. They've been there a while and have their clientele and half are much cheaper than anything at BMall. The other newer restaurants should start looking at ways to promote more and try to attract new clients.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Department store is Aliss, here's the website http://www.aliss.com/

I love Dominicans!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    These are some of the stores at this mall.

Anyone familiar with malls in Santo Domingo and Santiago will immediately recognize many of these brands.

Department store is Aliss, here's the website http://www.aliss.com/

Every new mall in Santo Domingo has the same stores.

The only new one to DR that I see here is Aliss, is that already open? If yes, I will try to visit it on Wednesday.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The department store will be on the southeast side next to Farmacia Carol. Couldn't tell how big it will be though. Originally CCN (Nacional and Jumbo) was supposed to build where Ilumel is but instead remodeled the bowling alley where they currently are. Very possible that an agreement was reached that they would build something larger later on. As for the restaurants in PCV, they might feel the effect a bit at the beginning but I wouldn't be worried about Wendy's, Mamma Luisa, Brot, Pizzarelli and el Burrito. They've been there a while and have their clientele and half are much cheaper than anything at BMall. The other newer restaurants should start looking at ways to promote more and try to attract new clients.

Thank you so much for all the info.  Jeb

11. Likes KateP liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast