Blue Mall

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Nope. They were hiring personnel a while back but from the outside it still looks like they've got lots of details left to finish.

Sent from my SM-G800M using Tapatalk

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Had me confused for a bit until I realized this is the East Coast Forum. I was thinking Blue Mall in Santo Domingo.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Now that you mention it, I have not seen anything even looking like construction whenever I pass there. Just looks the same as always.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There is a lot of activity around the back - I walk past a couple of times a week during my morning constitutional. Latest I've heard is that "phase one" will open in June.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
During the first week of April the investors had a reunion detailing many of the features of this mall. The meeting took place inside the current structure and ended with a walking tour of the property.

Milos Kurac, well known real estate agent in PC, was present and filmed part of the reunion.

[video=youtube;kyVzBVpedkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyVzBVpedkU[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is the video they showed at the end of the reunion prior to the walking tour.

[video=youtube;kahjZ_4M0e8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kahjZ_4M0e8[/video]

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Does this Blue Mall have the same owners as the Santo Domingo Blue Mall?

I like the SD one, but for movies. As a shoppers mall, it's just about worthless to me.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, the Velutini Group in association with Grupo Puntacana. Mr. C and Chiri Jr. helped the drone photographer for that video.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Any progress on this ? Drove past it today ( Punta Cana Blue Mall) - doesn't seem to be much going on there ...or did we miss something ?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Any progress on this ? Drove past it today ( Punta Cana Blue Mall) - doesn't seem to be much going on there ...or did we miss something ?

Construction is still ongoing but last I heard it was supposed to open in a few months.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008

I drove by a few days ago and felt the same way..doesn't seem to be much happening

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Past by the blue yesterday i stand corrected there is a a lot of construction happening at least yesterday there was... I drove in and asked one of the workers when it will be open he said its getting close on the construction end . but all the stores will still need to set up merchandise

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Grand opening last week of August.

I have lived here literally almost 3.5 years, and they are still not done. Jumbo took way less time than that, and is already open for business. The mall itself isn't finished, but they're generating revenue.

Jan 7, 2016
Unfortunately, JUMBO opened too-soon...they didn't have the parking done, the outside of the building was a mess and the inside was disorganized. AND they hadn't trained their staff on how to check and bag and greet the public. They were just trying to get a leg-up on Super Pola.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Unfortunately, JUMBO opened too-soon...they didn't have the parking done, the outside of the building was a mess and the inside was disorganized. AND they hadn't trained their staff on how to check and bag and greet the public. They were just trying to get a leg-up on Super Pola.
Jumbo isn't a new company, I'm sure they will fix that asap. This year they are going to open two more stores (one in Puerto Plata and another in San Isidro).

This quick video show their 11 stores with the year they open each one.

[video=youtube;MJqzfVONt4E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJqzfVONt4E[/video]