Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Banco Popular

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

All of these posts about having to deal with the branch where you opened your account have me wondering..........

Our accounts were opened with BHD at a branch in Santo Domingo that has been closed for several years. We've withdrawn dollars from the account all over DR, Cabarete, San Cristobal, Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, etc.

I wonder if we need to do something to officially have a designated branch????

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    All of these posts about having to deal with the branch where you opened your account have me wondering..........

Our accounts were opened with BHD at a branch in Santo Domingo that has been closed for several years. We've withdrawn dollars from the account all over DR, Cabarete, San Cristobal, Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, etc.

I wonder if we need to do something to officially have a designated branch????

With BHD it does not matter which branch you go to. I use them and withdraw from any branch, and not small amounts either.

3. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    With BHD it does not matter which branch you go to. I use them and withdraw from any branch, and not small amounts either.
    Would you recommend BHD for a person with a Cedula and Passport? Basically a foreign account.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    http://yoursaucepans.blogspot.com/20...ep-breath.html

Update on this banking blog post: three years later I had a call from BanReservas to tell me I could pick up my card. My RD$500 was still in the account and had even made interest.

Matilda
    Wow what an interesting story. May have to get that book.

6. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Boots View Post
    Would you recommend BHD for a person with a Cedula and Passport? Basically a foreign account.

I'm sure sky will answer, but I'll throw my two-pesos in.  We've had both dollar and peso accounts with BHD for a long time, opened with my passport and Mr AE cedula. Never trouble finding a branch, always have dollars available when we want them, we'd recommend. One time we had a problem with one of their ATM machines, resolved quickly.  Solid bank.  I deposit checks from USA into our dollar account, and can usually withdraw in a couple of weeks.  

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

May I ask what branch of Popular did your problem start. Here in Santiago the bank works like clockwork for me and I transfer large sums in and out monthly. My local branch is managed by my next door neighbour's son but managers are moved around.

Would anyone out there care to comment on Banco BHD Leon and foreign Passport with Cedula accounts? Possible? Good? Bad? Internet Banking service, good or bad?

9. Dislikes southern disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

went through this about 6 month ago. same problem with bp, new passport, old one gone.
    however, after a few days back and forth they accepted the copy which i had certified by a lawyer. received my token, new debit card and all is fine now. it took a while.
    in regards to teller service, i never had any problems. showed my old passport and debit card and could deposit, change us$ or make withdrawals in pesos or us$.
    never had any problems in juan dolio, spm, or at bp ole by the airport.  

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jinty05 View Post
    May I ask what branch of Popular did your problem start. Here in Santiago the bank works like clockwork for me and I transfer large sums in and out monthly. My local branch is managed by my next door neighbour's son but managers are moved around.
    Branch in Juan Dolio, new Juan Dolio to be more exact.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow what an interesting story. May have to get that book.
    I got one for ya. I applied for a "family credit card" at IKEA when they opened.

They called me last week to tell me I was approved and the card was ready to pick up.

When I deal with my bank manager, she always tells me I can have whatever credit card they have available. When I get approached by the credit girls in supermarkets, I'll fill out an application if she's cute, but I always get refused anyway

Pretty interesting seeing that I have perfect credit here and in the states.

All depends on who you know. That's why I keep telling folks "Get to know you're manager"

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well update no e mail answer from Banco Popular. I guess they figure I closed the account so I do not deserve an answer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123