Haiti Passport stamp.

CharlieD

Dec 30, 2016
Has anyone actually been to Haiti and got their passport stamped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

web

Nov 5, 2005
Has anyone actually been to Haiti and got their passport stamped?

I was talking to a guy in POP that says he takes Caribe Tours to Dajabon walks across the border gets a stamp and pays overstay and comes right back and takes Caribe Tours home

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I was talking to a guy in POP that says he takes Caribe Tours to Dajabon walks across the border gets a stamp and pays overstay and comes right back and takes Caribe Tours home

So he's not doing that to avoid paying the overstay? He goes there to pay it and be legal?

web

Nov 5, 2005
So he's not doing that to avoid paying the overstay? He goes there to pay it and be legal?

That was my understanding.....I would go and have overstay monies ready and you may get lucky and just get a stamp. I was here for 7 years without leaving had to borrow 20,000 pesos and was going to Canada. I was bummed to have to pay that. When I got to to the table the guy was ordering his lunch, dame pollo frito habichuela yada yada yada. He stamped my passport and didnt ask for any money or anything. I was so happy, but that was before the new system. At the Haitian border you may get lucky as I doubt it is like the airport.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

But the OP is asking for first hand info. I talked to a guy who said he knew someone who brought in a car by putting it on the ferry from Puerto Rico also, but when I went to office of turismo and asked they assured me that no such thing happens.
Der Fish

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
But the OP is asking for first hand info. I talked to a guy who said he knew someone who brought in a car by putting it on the ferry from Puerto Rico also, but when I went to office of turismo and asked they assured me that no such thing happens.
Der Fish

What exactly doesn't happen?

In SD Puerto Rican license plates are seen on quite a few cars, especially in the parking lots of quite a few universities. I'm sure those license plates didn't arrived tucked in someone's luggage. 

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011

In SD Puerto Rican license plates are seen on quite a few cars, especially in the parking lots of quite a few universities. I'm sure those license plates didn't arrived tucked in someone's luggage. 

The same could be said for my neighborhood in San Pedro. I'm a few blocks from UCE.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

The department of tourism said I could not bring in a car off the ferry. I too have seen A Florida plate in my neighborhood in Puerto Plata at one point and saw a motorcycle with a California plate, but never did ask them how they did that.
Der Fish

CharlieD

Dec 30, 2016
Thanks for the replies guys but I still have no idea if this actually works