FREE GOATS (2) in Esperanza, near Santiago/Navarrete

latitude19

May 29, 2011
My wife's parents had a goat that gave birth April 13th. Unfortunately, the mother was poisoned (imagine that) and the goats need a home. I'm not sure at about 6 weeks if they still need special care. Anyone who knows a place to take them OR would like to come and get them, let me know. Hopefully these will go to a good home, as my MIL is fond of animals and is taking great care of them.

My wife Rosa is in the DR now and I'll give you her contact number.

Goat Pics: https://www.snowkraft.com/mountain-biking

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Pretty good, Frank. A member messaged me about picking up goats, so looks like we are set.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Where is Esperanza, direction/miles from Santiago/Navarrete I was just told it's closer to POP

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Where is Esperanza, direction/miles from Santiago/Navarrete I was just told it's closer to POP

actually, when you get to the roundabout at Navarette, instead of going towards POP, go to the left. after going through Navarette proper, the next town is Esperanza.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
You see, my wife and her mom are anything but typical Dominicans. No, her family is not wealthy- not even close. But, both are extremely sensitive, especially my wife. My MIL bought the goat from her sister in the first place I think to save it from killed. There is not enough space to have a goat where she is = POISONED GOAT. She does not really want to give the young goats away- she wants them as pets- but they will just end up poisoned also.

She means well, but does not plan well. Oh well. They say the goats behave more like dogs than goats.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm not in RD right now but have always considered a pet goat.

I want to find the Pygmy Goat breed.
ever hear of any in RD ??

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm not in RD right now but have always considered a pet goat.

I want to find the Pygmy Goat breed.
ever hear of any in RD ??

Every winter, usually Feb or March, there's a huge agricultural fair held in Santo Domingo. Breeders of all sorts of farm animals, including a variety of different goats, are there with their animals, it's a nice place to see, and ask questions. Free admission, runs for a full week, Saturday to Saturday. 

That being said, our neighbor had a goat tied up on the other side of our wall. It never shut up for four months. Can't run loose, will eat all your grass , flowers, shrubs, etc. 

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
We are going to have goats and sheep but need to reinforce all of the fencing and plant new pasture and (apparently) build them a house. Plus pipe water there just in case it ever stops raining. One day - as baby goats are so cute.

Matilda