London with Schengen??

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
Anybody know the procedure from first hand? Would really love to take a trip to both England and Scotland.

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
No I am Swiss citizen, long time resident in the DR. But my girlfriend is Dominican. We often travel to Europe on a Schengen Visitor's Visa, and would really like to visit the UK.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
For a uk visitor visa she will have to provide proof she will return. So a letter from employer, should have a good job, money going in and out of bank, own her own home, car etc and ties to the DR. Uk is one of the hardest countries to get to. Full details available on the website https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

Matilda

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
So, holding a Schengen visa or not makes no difference then. There is no such thing like a UK Schengen addendum. Correct?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
UK is not a part of schengen area, full stop. separate visa is needed. one applies in a UK consulate in SD. the procedure is very quick and simple in comparison to schengen or american visas. easy peasy.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
UK is not a part of schengen area, full stop. separate visa is needed. one applies in a UK consulate in SD. the procedure is very quick and simple in comparison to schengen or american visas. easy peasy.

The consulate no longer handle visas. Is all done in Jamaica and online with the link I posted.

Matilda

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
So, holding a Schengen visa or not makes no difference then. There is no such thing like a UK Schengen addendum. Correct?

Yes that was the original question. The Shechegen visa is not valid for getting to the UK.

Although, and this is only an opinion, if she has traveled with a shechengen visa it would show she has returned to the DR when vIsa expired. Make sure you make copies of that proof if she does apply for the UK visa

Good luck