DR-Paris

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Any god tips for getting deals from DR to Paris? Departing SDQ or PUJ?
I've heard AirFrance doesn't have good customer support if anything comes up. Any thoughts?
Any firsthand info on airlines would be appreciated.

Thanks!

richard1

Mar 17, 2014
there is a good option to fly with tuifly from PUJ OR SDQ TO BRUSSELS SEE https://www.tuifly.be/en/last-minute/alle-luchthavens/punta-cana one way from €139 and from Brussels with train to paris

https://www.b-europe.com with TGV €87.

i fly with Tuifly regularly and i always take a last minute as low as €99 one way, normally i don't spent more than €300-350 return. the train is also good to Paris, with different times a day, from the airport Brussels you can take a taxi or
train to the GTV train station

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
A friend of mine regularly travels between SDQ and Paris using Air Caribe. I believe the flight from Paris goes via Port-au-Principe.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
As already mentioned TUI Fly Punta Cana to Brussels, they fly 787 Dreamliner. I did it late Jan the only negative was a 45 min delay because of a Dutch coke peddler, had to get his bag off.

Feb 7, 2007
Wow... now in May, Roud trip to from PUJ to Bruseels for under 300 dollars (270 euro) ... this is as cheap as it gets. I wish I had some time on my hands now and travel back to Europe for a few days ... at those rates.... it's a steal.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Any god tips for getting deals from DR to Paris? Departing SDQ or PUJ?
I've heard AirFrance doesn't have good customer support if anything comes up. Any thoughts?
Any firsthand info on airlines would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am not sure what do you mean by something coming up but AirFrance to/from DR is fine Aguaita (I have a family member who took it several times to meet me in DR). Their prices, on the other hand, are often ridiculous, but they do have sales once in a while.

My friends have taken Air Caraibes to meet me in DR as well, no complaints except lateness. Air Europa and Iberia also fly to Paris with a connection. There is also XL airways which flies to Punta cana.

A new airline, supposedly supercheap, called Frenchblue flies to PUJ http://www.frenchblue.com/fr/destinations/vol-paris-punta-cana)

I'd take Air France over any of the airlines mentioned, that is if pricing wasn't an issue.

Bon voyage :)

Last edited:

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I am not sure what do you mean by something coming up but AirFrance to/from DR is fine Aguaita (I have a family member who took it several times to meet me in DR). Their prices, on the other hand, are often ridiculous, but they do have sales once in a while.

My friends have taken Air Caraibes to meet me in DR as well, no complaints except lateness. Air Europa and Iberia also fly to Paris with a connection. There is also XL airways which flies to Punta cana.

A new airline, supposedly supercheap, called Frenchblue flies to PUJ http://www.frenchblue.com/fr/destinations/vol-paris-punta-cana)

I'd take Air France over any of the airlines mentioned, that is if pricing wasn't an issue.

I love a good french fly.....Air france works for me, need a wing man?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

Thanks! Great info.
à bientôt!:bunny:

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I took the family to Paris a few months ago. We had been there twice before and always enjoyed it We wont be back. With the dirt, beggars and dark cloud of danger everywhere I felt that I was in Capotillo.

I am glad that we went though and can close that chapter in our life. If we were stilling living in RD it would have been even more upsetting because when decent Dominicans take vacations its with the purpose of getting away from "them" not paying to be surrounded by Arabic speaking versions of Villa Mella chopos.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Have you booked anything interesting in Paris? I got a pass called the "Passlib". I'm also looking into a trip to Bruges.

We are taking the trip to Bruges, night cruise on the Seine, dinner in the Eiffel Tower, and we are hopping on a train and taking the Chunnel to Londen for a tour as well. Louvre as wel.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I took the family to Paris a few months ago. We had been there twice before and always enjoyed it We wont be back. With the dirt, beggars and dark cloud of danger everywhere I felt that I was in Capotillo.

I am glad that we went though and can close that chapter in our life. If we were stilling living in RD it would have been even more upsetting because when decent Dominicans take vacations its with the purpose of getting away from "them" not paying to be surrounded by Arabic speaking versions of Villa Mella chopos.

We are staying in a the IBIS porte de bagnolet, Rue Jean-Jaures. Not the rich area but seems ok.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

Well, for "the developed world", at times, it does give you kind of a 3rd world vibe, with all the overly agressive street vendors, the little scams, people's attitude towards garbage, etc. The beggars too, but there's beggars in big cities in North America, so that wasn't a shocker for me . I was shocked to experience people littering. I saw someone just throw a flyer on the floor, and several times experienced that people who had a snack and just left the garbage on a bench, even though there was a trashcan real close. Also, people smoke really close to you, like it's no big deal.

On the other hand, It's such a beautiful city, very walkable and offers so much to see. So many beautiful and historical places within walking distance.
I was pleasantly surprised with how helpful people were. I'd heard that if you needed help in the street or on the subway you'd be doomed, but I had a different experience. I did approach people in French though. A friend showed me how to use the Metro and everything, but the first couple of days I got lost, so I'd ask people.

There's a lot of police presence everywhere. I never felt unsafe. For the pickpocketing situation, just be aware of your stuff. I got a money belt but only wore it for a couple of days. Then I just carried around a zipped purse at the front.

I stayed with a friend and met her family and friends.....two kisses each lol. There were all very hospitable and feisty. Glad I had the chance to go, and try something different.