Renewing Driver´s License in Puerto Plata

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Hi,

Anyone that recently has renewed the driver´s license in Puerto Plata?

I did it 4 years ago and then it was kind of easy.

What is the provedure now? Costs?

Does it matter if the driver´s license is some days expired?

Thanks for info

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I renewed mine in Puerto Plata in February. Went to Banco Reservas and paid the fee for renewing license. Took receipt to the MOPC office along with my old license and cédula. I went about 3 pm and was the only one there. Eye test. Photo. Out in 10 minutes. Cost I believe was about 900 pesos.

Double check MOPC website to confirm documents needed but I believe the above was all I took.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1. pay renovation fee in banreservas. you will need your cedula. the cost is about 900 pesos.
2. go to the transit office in puerto plata, on hermanas mirabal, next to the stadium. open form 8:30 am to about 4 pm.
3. present your cedula, your old licence and the receipt from banreservas.
4. take eye test.
5. confirm your data, have a photo done and new license printed.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
1. pay renovation fee in banreservas. you will need your cedula. the cost is about 900 pesos.
2. go to the transit office in puerto plata, on hermanas mirabal, next to the stadium. open form 8:30 am to about 4 pm.
3. present your cedula, your old licence and the receipt from banreservas.
4. take eye test.
5. confirm your data, have a photo done and new license printed.

One last question. Does it matter if it expired a couple of days?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
One last question. Does it matter if it expired a couple of days?

no. mine was expired for few weeks because i was in a process of renewing residency/cedula. no problemo.

affald

May 17, 2004
Does anyone know the exact eye requirement? Do they test each the individually? Ty

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Does anyone know the exact eye requirement? Do they test each the individually? Ty

you approach the doctor (i guess?) with some of your paperwork. right behind them there is a regular optician board with one line underlined with red marker. then ask you to step back a bit to sit on a chair and read the red line. both eyes at the same time. if you can read it you are good to go.