Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Las Terrenas Sea Has Retreated!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Las Terrenas Sea Has Retreated!

https://www.diariolibre.com/medioamb...anas-DE6987511

For those that know the town, check the pictures in the article. But don't panic it is a tidal thing due to positioning of sun and moon and will all become good again in a few days apparently. It has affected other places too.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Alternate tectonic plate shift theory explains change in beaches.
    https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/...and-50-meters/

3. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Neap Tide......today's DR1 News

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

i like how some of the comments in diario libre say it's a clear sign of upcoming rapture.

North Coast Moderator

6. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The videos showing boats just sitting on sand where there was recently water under them are pretty dramatic..
    This is NOT Sand being deposited onto a beach, this is something else completely.
    Like the Tide has gone out .. Is it possible that with all the Earthquakes that the North side of the island may have been RAISED by a couple feet ? I know that Sounds wild , but there is no way this is just shifted sand , its way too dramatic , and severe...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    The videos showing boats just sitting on sand where there was recently water under them are pretty dramatic..
    This is NOT Sand being deposited onto a beach, this is something else completely.
    Like the Tide has gone out .. Is it possible that with all the Earthquakes that the North side of the island may have been RAISED by a couple feet ? I know that Sounds wild , but there is no way this is just shifted sand , its way too dramatic , and severe...
    http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/springtide.html explains the 'neap' tide with graphic.

Yes you can get some dramatic changes in sea to land levels after very large earthquakes and thankfully we haven't had one.

9. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i like how some of the comments in diario libre say it's a clear sign of upcoming rapture.
    Combined with the spelling - a shocking reflection of the failure of the education system.

Bueno señor con todo el respecto lea en abocalisi
    Todo lo que está escrito en la Biblia lo estamos viendo selebataran nación con tra nación eso lo estamos viviendo solo Dios no proteja tener mucha fe y oral mucho para k Dios nos persones
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/remolacha.net/posts/
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    "Tide goes out; tide comes in. You can't explain that!"

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Beaches do appear and disappear after earthquakes here, usually overnight. Much of the eastern coastal plain is coral uplift. The beach in front of Hotel Waterfront in Sosua didn't exist 15 years ago. Something to consider before buying ocean front property. I wonder if you can insure against that...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

And Playa Alicia is kind of Obviously NOT Going anywhere. a very large beach now.
    In fact you WILL burn your feet if not wearing Flip flops before you ever make it to the waters edge on a hot day ..
    More than enough sand there .
    This whole concept of new beaches appearing out of the ocean is most fascinating .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast