Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For Those Living Santiago, A Question

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had a private tour of santiago from Abel's own brother. I am friend's with Abel's family for many years. His brother took me to all areas in Santiago, even the hard knock barrios. At first I didn't realize why santiago streets seemed wider and cleaner. It's not just the garbage that has been removed but all the huge illegal roadside signs which were on sidewalk posts. Those huge (on your face) signs were illegal and all are being removed. this, sort of, opened up the general view of the street, thus making them seem wider. I have seen removal of 2 huge signs on estrella sadhala while I was getting the tour.
    We went to poor barrios and talked to the residents there about the changes that are being taken place in their city. 90% of the people we talked to were happy with the direction santiago is going towards. the few who complained were the ones who were removed from the streets for setting up illegal shops and food carts on the city streets. they were illegal to begin with and now they have to follow the law and order for a change. All illegal vegetable street markets are closed and all illegal venders are pushed out. Even the hard knock barrios were cleaned and no visible garbage was seen on the streets. side walks were painted and street markings were being painted as we drove around. seems like the city is being well kept all around the clock, even on Sundays workers were seen doing their jobs to paint the streets and side walks.
    some barrio streets were painted and decorated by urban artists who were happy to exhibit their art on the walls in a whole street in a barrio.
    the car window washers are being asked to work for the city instead of clogging the streets to wash car windows. Not a single one came forward to work with the mayor in having a fixed job instead of being a pest to the motorists on red lights. so we will see how this will come to a resolution.
    he has fired many people who were robbing the city resources. Many botella jobs are cancelled.
    In simple words, Abel is doing what no other mayor had done before. He is a strict leader who came to show his intentions to make his beloved city safe and clean again. new parks will open up soon and other projects are in the workings. I cannot share the info with you in public but wait and see, serious changes are coming to santiago in the coming years.
    Long live Abel Martinez.
    AZB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    I just had a private tour of santiago from Abel's own brother. I am friend's with Abel's family for many years. His brother took me to all areas in Santiago, even the hard knock barrios. At first I didn't realize why santiago streets seemed wider and cleaner. It's not just the garbage that has been removed but all the huge illegal roadside signs which were on sidewalk posts. Those huge (on your face) signs were illegal and all are being removed. this, sort of, opened up the general view of the street, thus making them seem wider. I have seen removal of 2 huge signs on estrella sadhala while I was getting the tour.
    We went to poor barrios and talked to the residents there about the changes that are being taken place in their city. 90% of the people we talked to were happy with the direction santiago is going towards. the few who complained were the ones who were removed from the streets for setting up illegal shops and food carts on the city streets. they were illegal to begin with and now they have to follow the law and order for a change. All illegal vegetable street markets are closed and all illegal venders are pushed out. Even the hard knock barrios were cleaned and no visible garbage was seen on the streets. side walks were painted and street markings were being painted as we drove around. seems like the city is being well kept all around the clock, even on Sundays workers were seen doing their jobs to paint the streets and side walks.
    some barrio streets were painted and decorated by urban artists who were happy to exhibit their art on the walls in a whole street in a barrio.
    the car window washers are being asked to work for the city instead of clogging the streets to wash car windows. Not a single one came forward to work with the mayor in having a fixed job instead of being a pest to the motorists on red lights. so we will see how this will come to a resolution.
    he has fired many people who were robbing the city resources. Many botella jobs are cancelled.
    In simple words, Abel is doing what no other mayor had done before. He is a strict leader who came to show his intentions to make his beloved city safe and clean again. new parks will open up soon and other projects are in the workings. I cannot share the info with you in public but wait and see, serious changes are coming to santiago in the coming years.
    Long live Abel Martinez.
    AZB
    Great. Finally

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123