FINALLY! A WIN CE MAP FOR MY CAR RADIO!!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I am stoked. I'm a happy camper!

Ever since I bought the PRADO I have been searching for a WIN CE map for my radio.

You can find WIN CE maps for just about any country in the world EXCEPT the Dominican Republic.

That has finally changed.

There is now a local company installing GPS maps for the DR on car stereos with GPS displays that use win CE maps.

Different costs for different radios and systems, so contact them on Facebook for your application.

(I paid 4k pesos for the installation on my truck, celular, and Garmin . Two Sandisk chips were included in that price.)

It's based on Navikey software, which is different than Garmin or openstreetmap, so there will be a slight learning curve. Once I get good at it, My Garmin will be history.

You can see a video of my radio installation on their FB page today.

https://www.facebook.com/MapaDominicano

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have a GPS company that wants to sponsor our documentary film project with GPS, but because their units run Win CE, there have been no maps so they won't be able to.

Thanks for ther post, might change some minds.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I installed a Chinese aftermarket head unit in our Camry.  It also runs on WinCE.  I found a Dominican website with a link to download the Navitel program and a compatible map for the DR.  The website is down now and the domain is up for sale.  But the nav unit in the camry is still working.  Although no where near as good as Googlemaps on a half decent smartphone.

I would love it if someone could develop a DVD map for Toyota.  My Highlander has the big nav touch screen, but the nav database only covers contiguous US.  As far as I'm aware there are no maps for the DR that work in factory systems.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I installed a Chinese aftermarket head unit in our Camry.  It also runs on WinCE.  I found a Dominican website with a link to download the Navitel program and a compatible map for the DR.  The website is down now and the domain is up for sale.  But the nav unit in the camry is still working.  Although no where near as good as Googlemaps on a half decent smartphone.

I would love it if someone could develop a DVD map for Toyota.  My Highlander has the big nav touch screen, but the nav database only covers contiguous US.  As far as I'm aware there are no maps for the DR that work in factory systems.
What is the factory system?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
What is the factory system?

used-2012-toyota-highlander-fwd4drv6limited-8541-16026224-25-1024.jpg

The one in my Highlander looks like this. It has a DVD drive behind the screen where you load the maps. Toyota and Lexus use Navteq or Teleatlas as their map providers.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
used-2012-toyota-highlander-fwd4drv6limited-8541-16026224-25-1024.jpg

The one in my Highlander looks like this. It has a DVD drive behind the screen where you load the maps. Toyota and Lexus use Navteq or Teleatlas as their map providers.
Drop a note th the folks JD mentioned to see if they have a solution. If you have the CD you can probably check the format yourself.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Drop a note th the folks JD mentioned to see if they have a solution. If you have the CD you can probably check the format yourself.

I have the disk.  Out of curiosity I loaded into my computer.  It has LOTS of folders with LOTS of subfolder and folders inside the subfolder, and nothing that I can recognize.  But perhaps some clever person can pick out the format and make it work with Dominican maps.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I have the disk.  Out of curiosity I loaded into my computer.  It has LOTS of folders with LOTS of subfolder and folders inside the subfolder, and nothing that I can recognize.  But perhaps some clever person can pick out the format and make it work with Dominican maps.
IT may just need Dominican map files added.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

The guy told me he can install in any radio, and has done various Toyota's in the past.

The program he uses in Navikey, not Navitel.

I'd bet a beer he can set you up.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I chatted with them, and they just need to know the model of the radio.

Phone: 1-849-855-4304, on whatsapp also.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I chatted with them, and they just need to know the model of the radio.

Phone: 1-849-855-4304, on whatsapp also.

It never struck me to ask Ilya (the map guy) if he speaks English, but indeed he does. lol

NFF

Nov 10, 2010
Ilya (El Ruso GPS), SolCity Navegacion Dominicana SRL

I am stoked. I'm a happy camper!

Ever since I bought the PRADO I have been searching for a WIN CE map for my radio.

You can find WIN CE maps for just about any country in the world EXCEPT the Dominican Republic.

That has finally changed.

There is now a local company installing GPS maps for the DR on car stereos with GPS displays that use win CE maps.

Different costs for different radios and systems, so contact them on Facebook for your application.

(I paid 4k pesos for the installation on my truck, celular, and Garmin . Two Sandisk chips were included in that price.)

It's based on Navikey software, which is different than Garmin or openstreetmap, so there will be a slight learning curve. Once I get good at it, My Garmin will be history.

You can see a video of my radio installation on their FB page today.

https://www.facebook.com/MapaDominicano

Hello, I am very grateful for
such a warm words!!!! :laugh:

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Hello, I am very grateful for
such a warm words!!!! :laugh:

My pleasure Ilya. Those of us who need these maps need to support you folks who make them available.

NFF

Nov 10, 2010
I have a GPS company that wants to sponsor our documentary film project with GPS, but because their units run Win CE, there have been no maps so they won't be able to.

Thanks for ther post, might change some minds.

We have the solution :) Could you please tell us a little bit about this documentary? Or some links.

NFF

Nov 10, 2010
Here is a functioning of our system with Dominican Republic maps on JDJones`s radio head unit. Offline, for sure.
[video=youtube;kIIks6QIoZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIIks6QIoZc[/video]

NFF

Nov 10, 2010
Another one, Honda Civic, an aftermarket radio (WinCE) with our Dominican Republic GPS maps.
[video=youtube;bkoyFNpG0c8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkoyFNpG0c8[/video]

NFF

Nov 10, 2010
Toyota Rav4 aftermarket radio with Dominican Republic GPS Maps by SolCity Navegacion Dominicana SRL.
[video=youtube;6oipqZvSIQk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oipqZvSIQk[/video]

NFF

Nov 10, 2010
Offline GPS maps of Dominican Republic for an aftermarket radio of Toyota Prado, and a little bit of bachata, yeah!

+Totally offline
+Free lifetime Updates (every 2-3 weeks if needed)
+No monthly fee.
+[.GPX] format track and POI recording.
+3D
+Voice: English, Spanish, Russian
+Used by:
Danilo Medina (he has his Garmin version)
http://www.dominicana.cc/gpsmap/2014/10/13/nuestros-mapas-gps-son-usadas-por-presidente-de-la-republica/

Policia Nacional + 911 + Military forces
http://www.dominicana.cc/gpsmap/2015/04/09/policia-nacional-ya-con-mapas-gps-de-solcity-navegacion-dominicana/

[video=youtube;TJEuv8BFftw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJEuv8BFftw[/video]

NFF

Nov 10, 2010
Santa Fe with Dominican Republic Offline GPS maps for radio head units:
[video=youtube;_wfL9Biot30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wfL9Biot30[/video]