Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 50,000 Haitians could be kicked out of the US

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    From this article it seems like they would be pretty good additions to the Dominican Republic. They have years in the US so they have learned structure, order and respect. They would have had to qualify for a tourist visa to get to America so they would have some financial backing. They also speak English and would likely have family that could send them money....

I think that they could do pretty good in a city like Santiago
    What's your source? I lived in Fl lauderdale, and worked in Miami for 6 years. They have their own communities, don't assimilate much, and just like some folks in little havanah, some have lived in this country for 10, 12, 15 years, and speak nary a word of english.
    I know this, having personally cussed out some of these rude, creole-speaking SOBs

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLOUT View Post
    What's your source? I lived in Fl lauderdale, and worked in Miami for 6 years. They have their own communities, don't assimilate much, and just like some folks in little havanah, some have lived in this country for 10, 12, 15 years, and speak nary a word of english.
    I know this, having personally cussed out some of these rude, creole-speaking SOBs
    He's either being facetious (pulling our legs tongue-in-cheek), playing not-in-my-backyardism, or being extremely hateful to the DR and its chopos. Hard to say.
    Last edited by Naked_Snake; 05-10-2017 at 06:51 AM.

3. Likes bienamor, NALs liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot one Naked_Snake:

All of the above! lol

Moderator Polls Forum

5. Likes Naked_Snake liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you hear any mention of the DR? I'm speaking from my experiences with haitians I encounter in the states, and other countries.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you hear any mention of the DR? I'm speaking from my experiences with haitians I encounter in the states, and other countries.
    Not youpossibili's amusement at the possibility of them turning up on the DR is not amusing at all for us ones that would have to deal with them at the end of the day.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naked_Snake View Post
    Not you, but rfp's amusement at the possibility of them turning up on the DR is not amusing at all for us ones that would have to deal with them at the end of the day.
    Fixed.

At the end of the day, the last thing that the DR needs right now is to receive even more riff raff to pile up with the one it has to deal with already, local or not.

9. Likes Fulano2 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    From this article it seems like they would be pretty good additions to the Dominican Republic. They have years in the US so they have learned structure, order and respect. They would have had to qualify for a tourist visa to get to America so they would have some financial backing. They also speak English and would likely have family that could send them money....

I think that they could do pretty good in a city like Santiago

Do you give a reference that shows they all learned this?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

And I'm merely cosigning them by telling you that they aren't that different in Santo Domingo from the characterization you just made. I'm currently ending a master's degree in Spain, and the thought of having to deal with their shenanigans again is one of the things that kills any enthusiasm I might feel at the event of returning home. The other one is the security situation.
    Last edited by Naked_Snake; 05-11-2017 at 04:36 PM.

12. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naked_Snake View Post
    And I'm merely cosigning them by telling you that they aren't that different in Santo Domingo from the characterization you just made. I'm currently ending a master's degree in Spain, and the thought of having to deal with their shenanigans again is one of the things that kills any enthusiasm I might feel at the event of returning home. The other one is the security situation.
    congrats on this latest phase of your journey, my friend...

14. Likes Naked_Snake liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this is not viewed as an opportunity to remove 50 k potential dem voters in Florida. Perhaps the DR can extend a warm welcoming hand to their Haitian brothers and prove that love wins over hate

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast