Title ownership of property

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
I have a question;

Is it possible for a lawyer that hold my title deeds in their office to actually sell my property without my permission...and unknown by me?

Now I know its the DR and all that, but seriously can it be done

Im not inferring that my lawyer has done so ...just curious

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
I have a question;

Is it possible for a lawyer that hold my title deeds in their office to actually sell my property without my permission...and unknown by me?

Well that lawyer would only be able to sell your property for you with a power of attorney document duly signed by yourself giving him-her the power to do so and properly notarized in accordance with DR laws.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
There are examples where properties with all sorts of unresolved issues have been sold or transferred improperly in this country. Could a lawyer willing to apply unethical practices accomplish this? Probably. The question becomes, would they?

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
If the lawyer is unscrupulous, yes. He can easily do so to unsuspecting buyer. Have you seen the paperwork showing you as the new owner of the property? He may not have even gotten it legally transferred to you.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I have a question;

I hate to tell you this, but I have seen it all here. People selling land they don't own. Lawyers suing people using the clients forged signature, lawyers colluding with the opposition and/or judges to fix judgements and sentences against their own clients, lawyers stealing escrow money, people getting fake embargos, self-embargos, just about anything can happen here. On the bright side, its getting better. Make sure you have a reputable lawyer, and verify and question everything he is supposed to do.