Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Trouble on the beach in Sosua?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    No , you told the OTHER guy to scram....
    so now there are 2 of us ..

so in addition to poor eyesight, your memory is also fading.

lol

have a nice day ...
    jd....I think someone might have spent too long in the sun ....I thought I was special for a moment and then I saw you got sent to the corner as well.....brings me back to my school days

2. Likes jd426, Polar Bear liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    do you mind cooling it off with personal attacks and keyboard rage? you're getting past polite discussion, guys.
    I thought that was what this forum was for.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

as an aside, may i say, that's gotta hurt like hell.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davetuna View Post
    as an aside, may i say, that's gotta hurt like hell.
    Yeah really hurts the salsa dance moves too.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Part of the missing equation, with all the hypotheses, is what exactly might have been said. I couldn't make out a lot of the banter happening, but something threatening may have very well been said to the cop?

Moderator - Residents Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The exact details of what did or did not happen may never be known. The video and a few generalized assumptions should suffice for most. Here in the DR, the police are unpredictable in their conduct. Here in the DR crowds are pretty predictable - there is a good likelihood that there will be a "disturbance in the force" eventually. Bringing alcohol, a party atmosphere, a crowd and the police together at the same time is a recipe for trouble.

When out in public, especially on holidays or at events and venues that draw groups of people together, you need to pay attention to what is going at all times. You need to be ready to duck, run or just decide to leave. It's not often possible to know the future, but generally speaking we all can determine for ourselves that where we are may not be a good spot to remain.

You especially need to keep an eye on the cops. Where they are, is generally a potential flash point for circumstances to spiral out of control. Bullets, travel at 1200+ feet per second. You don't need to be in the middle of the mix to have a really bad day from one second to the next.

8. Likes bob saunders, alexw, ctrob, ramesses liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    You especially need to keep an eye on the cops. Where they are, is generally a potential flash point for circumstances to spiral out of control. Bullets, travel at 1200+ feet per second. You don't need to be in the middle of the mix to have a really bad day from one second to the next.
    May the force be with you.... always.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910