Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Title Insurance ?...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Title Insurance ?...

Does it even exist?... Stewart Title has a website that says it offers it but on the phone in the capital they say they do not.
    There seems to be another company 'First American Title' but it just links to real estate agents selling properties.
    I have looked but found nothing about this recently in the archives. The folks at banco Popular tell me it's not available in country. Anybody with any knowledge ?.. Thanks in advance.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to laugh at your question, but I know it's a serious one.. no title insurance of any kind whatsoever!!! Only type that comes close is 357 magnum and friend with shovel!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

The closest thing is a deslinde in DR. Don't buy anything that doesn't have one.  No matter what..

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased 4 title policies on large parcels in Azua province. this was in 2006. It was expensive $6000.00 USD but it was not as good as a deslinde. It was with First American Title out of the Sunrise Fl. International Underwriting office. Not worth the money. Deslinde only, that's the way to go. AlterEgo is correct.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew all this & was just confirming my thoughts and thinking it can never hurt to ask... Thank you all,.

Have a great evening!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

So, anyone, what is the approx. cost of "Deslinde"? Seem to be a given in a land transaction

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz65 View Post
    So, anyone, what is the approx. cost of "Deslinde"? Seem to be a given in a land transaction
    A couple of thousand dollars. We're finishing up ours soon - hopefully.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

8. Likes Buzz65 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz65 View Post

A deslinde only has to be done once on a property!! Once a deslinde was done you don't need to do again....seller pays for it..

I love Dominicans!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Stewart Title f*cked up some years ago, they had to pay a lot on some cases here and they never paid, just closed the office they had in SD and disappeared from DR.

I love Dominicans!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Deslinde has nothing to do with the title insurance, totally different thing and doesn't replace title insurance in any way. You still can lose your ownership to the property due to many factors. The only way to avoid it is to understand why and when those problems can happen, and don't buy any property where those problem can appear later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast