Employment

Christine_deb

Mar 6, 2002
I am wondering what the chances are of being able to find employment while I am still living in Canada, is it possible? I am aware that certain companies in the Caribbean will arrange your working visa and other papers for you, is this a common practice in the Dominican Republic? Are there any resources out there such as websites or other possible postings of career opportunities. Looking for feedback.

Gracias

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Search the archives for this info.

Bottom line, I have never heard of anyone getting a job here whilst still living overseas. I would say your chances are extremely slim.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Christine_deb said:
I am wondering what the chances are of being able to find employment while I am still living in Canada, is it possible? I am aware that certain companies in the Caribbean will arrange your working visa and other papers for you, is this a common practice in the Dominican Republic? Are there any resources out there such as websites or other possible postings of career opportunities. Looking for feedback.

Gracias

I don't know that there are working visas in the DR. You I believe have to file for your residency to be able to work legally although many don't do this.

There are a bunch of threads on this and also an article pertaining to residency here on this sight.

Regards
Scott

Christine_deb

Mar 6, 2002
Thanks!

I realize that I am new, so yes there have been many posts on this topic before. So I apolagize for the repetitiveness! Thanks for the comments and if anyone else has an additional view please let me know! I appreciate any and all info I can get.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
What type of employment are you looking for?

You can try the Canadian-based tour companies, such as Air TransAt, World of Vacations, etc (if you are a Canadian, that is). Phone around, you never know. Read my post to WhiteWave in the living section.