Brugal Factory Tour Puerto Plata

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Has anyone taken this tour lately? I signed up for a tour time on the website and i was supposed to get an email confirmation. I didn't. So I emailed and asked and still nothing? Anyone know what to do? Thanks!

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Just show up when they are open and someone will give you the tour. Two hundred pesos and it takes about 30 minutes. More of a bottling tour than anything else. Free samples.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I have taken half a dozen folks there over the last few years. THey were asking $3.00 US or $4.00 Canadian the last couple of trips. So the couple of shots you get ad samples are about paid for by their door charge.
Der Fish

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I always meant to take it when I lived there but never did it. I think I'll try to squeeze it in on my next trip up north. Anyone know the hours of operation for the tours?

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
After many years I toured again this year.  They have improved the tour significantly.  However I agree it is more a bottling tour and a pitch for Brugal.  We went late in the day, spontaneously and the slushy drink machines where done for the day.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
When you do this tour go over to the D'oro chocolate factory on the other side of the road and do their tour too, short but interesting!

Last edited:

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
It used to be free (~8 years ago) ... I was hung over so the free samples were a little rough haha

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
I the gift shop awesome, though...their Titanium Rum (a favourite in our household) was cheaper there than anywhere else we'd looked, including duty-free.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Please don't kid yourself by thinking that you get a deal on ANYTHING at the DFA shops. Total ripoff.
I do drink some of their samples from time to time.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I did actually take this tour. It cost 250 pesos in late May. It was a total ripoff. If it had been free, maybe it would have been OK. The only thing I liked was the price of a new rum I found I liked called Leyenda. Very nice. Sort of between a bourbon and a scotch. The chocolate tour across the street was excellent. It was free and the samples were wonderful. Of course, I bought the hot chocolate, which was so great, a brownie mix and some white chocolate with run. Free, right!