Next Viva-shop next to cabarete

Feb 7, 2007
Claro Smart Indetenible is currently the best offer there is in the DR. I am porting several of my business numbers to CLARO after 8 years in Orange. I will be paying the same with many more benefits such a unlimited Claro calls and free voice and data roaming across the Americas.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't think there is a VIVA shop here. I could be mistaken, but I have never seen one.

I suggest a change.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With an office only in POP, and hardly anyone using them (I know all of the carriers are bad) , why do you need to stick to Viva?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Im trying a prepaid chip with 3G service from Viva, Was using claro before inside my place with 2 points of signal I never got a call or could make any outgoing call, now with the 3G service with VIVA with one point of signal I can make and receive calls and also Data service. They didnt launch the service yet officially because they didnt finished with the upgrades but the speed is rasonable up to 256 kbps, I could make whatsapp calls and Video calls, The 3G service is only avilable in Prepaid service. I live in San Pedro de Macoris,

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I have been using Viva for almost 12 years and am very pleased with it. No problem hearing calls, don't have to go outside to take a call, and can get minutes sometimes at a calmado but always in the machines at Playero or the like.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I have been using Viva for almost 12 years and am very pleased with it. No problem hearing calls, don't have to go outside to take a call, and can get minutes sometimes at a calmado but always in the machines at Playero or the like.

If your service is prepaid maybe your line will connect to the 3G

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I'm off island at the moment but will check when back. Where did you actually get this service? At Viva itself?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I'm off island at the moment but will check when back. Where did you actually get this service? At Viva itself?

Yes, I went to viva store here in San Pedro, the LTE is off, they are still in the process to migrate all number to the new network, the LTE they are installing will be more advanced than LTE from Claro and Orange. Viva wil offer 4G LTE 4X4. I have Iphone 6s and is one of models that has the capacity to use 4 x 4.

I think if you already has your prepaid chip when you comeback should connect with the new network, for some people was like that, but some others do not like a friend of mine here he is prepaid and his phone do not connect to 3G, maybe the problem is his phone that do not use the bands that is using viva por the 3G.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Since yesterday the 3G from VIVA is working in all coverage areas with the service. I got 19 mbps download and 6 mbps upload, the service is not officially launched but is on, as they continue working with the setup and final test.