Finance New or Used with Warranty

TonyW

May 21, 2017
Ready to finance a Jeepeta for San Pedro, using Banco Popular upcoming sale. Deciding on New vs Used with a Warranty. Does anyone have any experience with Car Warranties in the DR? Thanks.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
As my hubby says, new is new. I've learned the hard way that you never know what you're getting with a used car. I now prefer to pay a 4 year loan for a brand new car than than a shorter one for a car that could give me problems every few months. My experience with Viamar so far has been only positive in 6 years. No haggling about the warranty.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
All depends.
Sometimes used is only slightly used and still carries the warranty.... as was my case.

That eliminates the largest risk

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
... Just remember the first depreciation is the biggest one, being from when a car is new , to when is used....Most of the time the interest rate on a new car is cheaper than than a used car.... you need to check the payments of both, on a late same model used to a new one... most of the time the new car will have a lower payment, if you are shopping toyota, the new one and the one year old one will be about the same price....so the new one is a better deal.......Doc....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My best deals are when I get the owners wife's car....
Sells as a demo, full warranty, new car financing, less than 10,000 miles...
Well serviced ..... top of the line.
Big discount