kidnapped in punta cana hotel miraj

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2017
i need legal help me and my wife where held against our own will..i paid my trip in full and upon arrival we was told we had a bill. i showed them confirmation of the trip being paid in full but it was ignored i showed bank statements as asked and still got harrassed  and room key locked. we was told we cant leave the resort, so we had to plan an excape. the most scariest thing in my like ....please help these people are scamming and making you pay extra and when you dont they try to keep you hostage

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Actually this happens when the tour operator or travel agent does not pay the hotel. The guests are not allowed to leave until the bill is paid to the hotel. The same happens if the guest has broken something - most hotels check the rooms before they check out - if the damage isnt paid - they cannot leave.

Matilda

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I did not know that .... so when checking into an AI, and lets say the Company you made your arrangements with are in MIAMI, and you got a PAID VOUCHER emailed to you, which you show at the front desk when you check in.. .
So IF the company did not pay the Hotel, you could be HELD until payment clears ?
I always assumed those Vouchers were as good as a PAID Receipt...

interesting ..

MarkAFraser

May 23, 2017
Hello, I assume you mean the Majestic Mirage Punta Cana? There are a few things you should do instead of pannicking:

1. Contact the company you purchased your stay from and get them to resolve.
2. Contact your local representative, the number should be on your confirmation that you printed out or they should have a binder at the tourdesk where you can reach them. If your Rep is not there, ask the other comany's reps, they usually know each other and can be of assistance. Lastley, the concierge can also help.

Also, would help if you could provide where you come from and what company you are travelling with.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If you left the hotel, what is it that you need help with? You need to take it up with the tour operator in your home country.

Mod note: If the OP doesn't provide more details I will close this thread.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I did not know that .... so when checking into an AI, and lets say the Company you made your arrangements with are in MIAMI, and you got a PAID VOUCHER emailed to you, which you show at the front desk when you check in.. .
So IF the company did not pay the Hotel, you could be HELD until payment clears ?
I always assumed those Vouchers were as good as a PAID Receipt...

interesting ..

Correct. Happened to me when I went to Panama. The Dominican travel agency did not pay the hotel in Panama. We had included a pick up at the airport which wasn't there which is how we found out there was an issue, so in the end we had to pay again and then claim the money back from the Dominican travel agency. Which we did successfully - and amazingly. I was the diving instructor based at the Talanquera hotel in Juan Dolio and check out day was often a nightmare with people missing the bus back as they couldn't pay for damaged items, or their travel agency had not paid the hotel.

Matilda

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Or holed up in a small hotel with a couple hookers and a bag of dope. It happens.

Ah, so this is in Boca Chica then....

I think we need some Posters and a staple gun..
Hopefully no hungry dogs are involved .

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Does anyone really believe this opening message ??It says when we arrived , not when we left , we were presented with a bill. That simply does not ring true ..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Does anyone really believe this opening message ??It says when we arrived , not when we left , we were presented with a bill. That simply does not ring true ..

That is a good point, would be treated as a NO Show ..
you cant be locked up in your room , for simply showing up, without ever using any of their services ..

otoh,
that WOULD be a true definition of Kidnapping though, IF it were true..

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
I got held hostage one night is Sosua, but I had to pay extra for that fantasy role play.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...stayed at the majestic mirage, punta cana, last january.. one month after they opened...had a big problem the first night, a chica fren and I stayed there.. the top manager of the hotel came and talked to me, made many promises{all the promises were B.S.} If the hotel in question is majestic mirage then the story could absolutely be true.....I would not put anything past those clowns........Doc.......

Status
Not open for further replies.