Washing machine repairman needed

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Need a repairman that is professional in this field.
Have a Whirlpool top loader with manual controls, not electronic.
I believe the problem is with the water pump and probably needs replacement. Live approximately 18 miles outside of Santiago proper in Campo Villa Bao. He would need to travel here for the repairs.
Any help/references would be appreciated........

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Need a repairman that is professional in this field.
Have a Whirlpool top loader with manual controls, not electronic.
I believe the problem is with the water pump and probably needs replacement. Live approximately 18 miles outside of Santiago proper in Campo Villa Bao. He would need to travel here for the repairs.
Any help/references would be appreciated........

It sounds like your machine is an older model. If it is the water pump you may be better off buying a new or used washing machine than trying to find someone to replace the part. Cost of parts and labor may not be worth it.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Found a washing machine repairman with 30 years experience in Yaqi. Has his own shop and replaced a defective hot/cold water inlet valve yesterday at my house in Villa Bao, Yaqi is 5 minutes away so he didn't mind coming here. Machine now works perfect, total cost, 2500DP. My Whirlpool is 5 yrs old, 24,000 to replace at this time.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Found a washing machine repairman with 30 years experience in Yaqi. Has his own shop and replaced a defective hot/cold water inlet valve yesterday at my house in Villa Bao, Yaqi is 5 minutes away so he didn't mind coming here. Machine now works perfect, total cost, 2500DP. My Whirlpool is 5 yrs old, 24,000 to replace at this time.

May it last as long as my Whirlpool top loader (actually a Kenmore branded model). Going on 25 years.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
May it last as long as my Whirlpool top loader (actually a Kenmore branded model). Going on 25 years.

How on earth do you get that length of time? Wait one second. You are cautious who uses the machine? Wifes kids kill a machine in the US every two years. Choked to death with too much detergent. More soap equals more clean so lots more soap must be really good. Spinning the controls violently both ways does not help. Here we get a year or so before they break down. We gave up and have gone back to the primitive little local machine. Wife does not like the idea that the good machines run for an hour or so. Must be using a lot of electricity she says. Seven people here now so the machines get worked hard. This is one of the issues I have given up being involved.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Extended lifetime is achieved by extended and repetitive training and use by only two people.

I have had to defeat the (liberal US required) safety lid switches on two machines and fix a leaky pump with epoxy. And replace the plastic dogs a couple of times that spin the rotor. But that isn't much over 25 years.