Night Club JD

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Someone feels Juan Dolio has a future. I miss the restaurant but hey things are happening. Dont know what but movement. Comments?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Maybe if you could make the picture smaller so we could tell what resturant you are talking about?
What's going on where in JD?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Good luck on your  new business venture.
As far as JD goes I guess any new interest could be positive at this point. 

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Hey, we can post pictures again now! Woo Hoo!

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
looks like hemingway is building beachfront condos where the Barcelo cappella was ....another South Beach condo Development...hemingway is really taking over Juan Dolio

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Its very good to have condos, but still Juan Dolio is needing more hotels that can give more life to the Town, the condos at Hemignway and juan Dolio area usually are closed and on weekends is when has some more life. They have to make more promotion so more people could come an rent those hundreds of empty apartments on weekdays.

After the remodelation of Talanquera now Emotions by Hodelpa that part of the town has little more life and when they open another proporty bedside to Marbella that part also will have more busy Im sure.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Riva is correct as he usually is. The empty apartments aren't helping anybody. They are owned, on paper, but largely vacant, and the owners could care less if there was any life within them. Washing machine 101.
The club on the corner, Havana Lounge Sports Bar and Disco, which has been there since November 2016, is in a great location (corner of Plaza Real), nicely decorated, great TV's and sound system, but lacks customers. The place routinely operates with 2-3 paying customers, if that. The bigger story is the storefront right next door which was occupied by the grocery store, and sublet to The Chili Deck, which offered good food, great burgers, and live music. The grocery store, and The Chili Deck are now gone, renovated, and re-branded as the ice cream store Helados Splash, Marbella Stop and Shop, and Marbella Bar & Grill, which is geared towards appetizers, tapas plates, and empanadas. Large investment on the part of the sole investor, good luck to him. As Rivas mentioned, what is needed is a hotel along the strip.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Its very good to have condos, but still Juan Dolio is needing more hotels that can give more life to the Town, the condos at Hemignway and juan Dolio area usually are closed and on weekends is when has some more life. They have to make more promotion so more people could come an rent those hundreds of empty apartments on weekdays.

After the remodelation of Talanquera now Emotions by Hodelpa that part of the town has little more life and when they open another proporty bedside to Marbella that part also will have more busy Im sure.

Riva is correct as he usually is. The empty apartments aren't helping anybody. They are owned, on paper, but largely vacant, and the owners could care less if there was any life within them. Washing machine 101.
The club on the corner, Havana Lounge Sports Bar and Disco, which has been there since November 2016, is in a great location (corner of Plaza Real), nicely decorated, great TV's and sound system, but lacks customers. The place routinely operates with 2-3 paying customers, if that. The bigger story is the storefront right next door which was occupied by the grocery store, and sublet to The Chili Deck, which offered good food, great burgers, and live music. The grocery store, and The Chili Deck are now gone, renovated, and re-branded as the ice cream store Helados Splash, Marbella Stop and Shop, and Marbella Bar & Grill, which is geared towards appetizers, tapas plates, and empanadas. Large investment on the part of the sole investor, good luck to him. As Rivas mentioned, what is needed is a hotel along the strip.

People, a hotel is also only a building if there are no tourists.
What JD needs is a foreign marketing campaign and that is not being done.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008

I also noticed this addition. Seems Caripac took over the drop box venue in JD. I liked the EPS and was in on that for awhile but the manager Raco was kinda a jerk. Whatever his plans the place is now a bank. Shame I thought it would be a good business with all the condos with foreign owners. It is interesting to speculate what exactly is going on there. There are constant changes and some fantastically big improvements but still quiet. I have to admit I like the quiet. But too quiet is un nerving and I do worry for the area sometimes. Especially the business owners. But just when I think they might be leaving, boom there is an improvement. And I see a new building or a new business. But the constant changing hands makes you wonder. Who knows something I don't? I do think the area has great future potential. But will it go in a positive direction? Who knows, I still like Juan Dolio I would like to spend more time there.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
My wife and I lived in JD for about 7 months back in 2014 and really enjoyed it. Great laid back atmosphere and surprisingly great food close by. I believe the future is bright but may take more time to realize. I spent a couple weeks there last year while working on a project close by and was pleasantly surprised by some of the changes. As noted, is lacking in people and customers and could use some good promotion but overall one of my favorite places near the Capital.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
My wife and I lived in JD for about 7 months back in 2014 and really enjoyed it. Great laid back atmosphere and surprisingly great food close by. I believe the future is bright but may take more time to realize. I spent a couple weeks there last year while working on a project close by and was pleasantly surprised by some of the changes. As noted, is lacking in people and customers and could use some good promotion but overall one of my favorite places near the Capital.

Its great area, the beach is great too, only needs to diversificate the offer and open some more hotels also. Hemingway opened an small one Hotel Boutique just to say they opened one hotel while keep closed the Capella untill they build their apartments. In my personal opinion they should keep Capella as a luxury hotel if they dont want to deal with all inclusive cheap hotel. Every person asked me about Capella if is still close has the same opinion, that is a shame that a great hotel is closed, the hotel was good just was needing a remodelation.