Haitian Stabbed for 'Stealing Jobs'

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This just happened in Chile. I think the fact that the guy is Haitian is coincidental. The fact that he's a foreigner probably had more weight in being targetted for this crime.

He is recovering in a hospital.

[video=youtube;GSk_Cr5Un2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSk_Cr5Un2M[/video]

I'm keeping an eye on the international community and the NGO's to see if they treat this the way we all know they would, had it taken place in the DR.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Foreigners stealing jobs in Chile? There are many Dominicans in Chile working as maids, grape pickers, and grape packers over there. Isn't it always the foreigners doing the menial jobs that the locals don't want to do?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If you go to a foreign country with no skills or education, and especially if you are there illegally, menial jobs are all you are going to get.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This just happened in Chile. I think the fact that the guy is Haitian is coincidental. The fact that he's a foreigner probably had more weight in being targetted for this crime.

He is recovering in a hospital.

[video=youtube;GSk_Cr5Un2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSk_Cr5Un2M[/video]

I'm keeping an eye on the international community and the NGO's to see if they treat this the way we all know they would, had it taken place in the DR.

Unreal. He's sitting in a big pool of blood, bleeding profusely, and co-workers are just calmly walking by!

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Unreal. He's sitting in a big pool of blood, bleeding profusely, and co-workers are just calmly walking by!

Probably because they did not even consider him a real Human Being ... that was more disgusting & disturbing than the stabbing itself
... I bet if it was one of THEIR people they would jump for some towels to at least put pressure on that wound.. That dude looked like he was Going to bleed out . That was a lot of blood in such such a short time .

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Probably because they did not even consider him a real Human Being ... that was more disgusting & disturbing than the stabbing itself
... I bet if it was one of THEIR people they would jump for some towels to at least put pressure on that wound.. That dude looked like he was Going to bleed out . That was a lot of blood in such such a short time .

You are absolutely right. Their total lack of concern is appalling. Based on where he was stabbed and the amount of bleeding, I think the femoral artery was cut. If it had been any worse, he could have bled to death in a matter of minutes.