Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Terrenas is simply beautiful

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks JD. Car is No problem. I will check booking.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Timotero View Post
    La Dolce Vida in Las Terranas. Walking distance to Fishermans Village. 
    that is also the BEST RESTAURANT in TOWN ....
    Just absolutely Amazing food .

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by equinn2823 View Post
    Recently had the pleasure of a 3 night 4 day trip to Bahia Principe el portillo in Las Terrenas and it was fantastic.

We normally go to punta cana. We live in SD, but I wanted something different this trip. My wife suggested Samana and we decided on Las Terrenas. The difference in the people that go there vs the drunks in Punta Cana was like night and day. So much more relaxing without all the riff raff. The Atlantic Coast really is where its at.

That is all-
    The location here is very nice but a distance outside of LT. If you want to stay closer to the village stay at the Hotel Colibri or Hotel Alisei on Playa Ballenas. This is the other side of town from where you were but nicer beaches. These however are not A-I like the Bahia Principe.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hard times doug View Post
    Next to the van by the river
    You mean they don't look like this?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if I can get out that way again without some major persuasion. We went once to LT and my wife was not very impressed. I guess I didn't see the spots everyone seems to like.

Then we went to see friends who stopped on a cruise at La Galleras and we had planned to spend the night. She got creeped out by the place so we headed back to Cabarete that same day.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Creeped out?

Interesting. Was it las galeras itself that 'creeped her out' or was it the place you stayed in lg?

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Not sure if I can get out that way again without some major persuasion. We went once to LT and my wife was not very impressed. I guess I didn't see the spots everyone seems to like.

Then we went to see friends who stopped on a cruise at La Galleras and we had planned to spend the night. She got creeped out by the place so we headed back to Cabarete that same day.

7. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    I agree, but Don't go during Semana Santa if you dont like drinking , its like Mardi Gras in New Orleans but on Steroids. Possibly the wildest partying scene I have ever seen in my life when them Jeepetas & quads rolling through the streets with their Music and giant speakers.
    But yes the rest of the year its very quiet and Chill ...
    Fishermans Village area is my absolute favorite area to hang out , great Restaurants there , but prefer to stay in Playa Bonita area as its even more chill but completely dead at night . Mostly all well to do Dominicans stay at those quiet Hotels , some NY Doms.. was never loud around the Pool .. maybe we got lucky.
    If you like Las Terrenas , you must try Las Galeras,, even more relaxing and chill . Have not found a better place yet .
    I spent my first Semana Santa in LT in April, it was not as bad as I heard. Outside of Punta Popy and Las Ballenas, crowd were manageable and more behaved. But, yes, it was crowded.

Now, I wasn't as lucky as you, Dom from the capital rented a villa in our residencia. Reggaeton and Dominican rap for 2 days straight while smoking hookah in the shared pool, felt like a video. I cried tears of joy when they left, ready to listen to Verdi

Las Galeras is even more beautiful than LT, just a little too quiet for me.

9. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Las Terrenas the only bad thing was that there were too many Frenchies

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank recktenwald View Post
    I love Las Terrenas the only bad thing was that there were too many Frenchies
    I wish it was less French too as well (and I am French ), but there are more and more people from other nationalities compared to a few years back (but Italian and French remain the majority)

12. Likes frank recktenwald liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

This could be developed into a Monty Python-like script a la ... bleeding lizard in the bidet ... German businessmen doing pyramids in the pool ...

Can I use it in my (yet to be written) best-selling novel?

wbr

You mean you don't enjoy the company of the "all you can eat and drink until I pass out" crowd and listening to them blame it on the Dominican food as they lounge their 40 pound overweight bodies by the pool talking about waxing their pick up truck and chev camero which is parked next to their rotting camper that they used 15 years ago at a KOA camp ground near a sewage creek in Pennsylvania

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast