View Poll Results: How do you rate Abel Martinez as mayor of Santiago?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent!

13 59.09%
  • Good

6 27.27%
  • OK

2 9.09%
  • Bad

1 4.55%
  • Horrible

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abel Martínez and Santiago

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Abel Martínez and Santiago

PLEASE, VOTERS IN THE POLL ABOVE SHOULD EITHER LIVE IN SANTIAGO OR VISITED SANTIAGO AFTER ABEL MARTINEZ BECAME MAYOR. EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD ABSTAIN FROM VOTING UNTIL YOU VISIT THE CITY.

A few months ago Abel Martínez became the new major of Santiago de los Caballeros.

As is the case with politicians, he made many promises during his electoral campaign and people put faith in what he promised.

Now, less than a year, many people have good things to say about his way of ruling in Santiago. The biggest change that most people are noticing is how markedly cleaner the city looks and feels.

What's the verdict among DR1ers? Is Abel Martínez the best thing to happen to Santiago?

There's no question he's a much better mayor than the previous one, but is he positioning himself as among the best ever in Santiago?

Moderator Polls Forum

2. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Been living here in Santiago since June 2015.
    Abel Martinez is doing a good job. He has repaved
    streets, repaired or replaced broken street lights and
    has the city workers cleaning public areas 24/ 7.
    Plus he has the police doing well-needed stop and frisk throughout
    my neighborhood and its taking guns off the streets.

This guy is A+++ for the city of Santiago.

4. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Who knows he may get a knock at his door and be arrested....he is part of that PLD clique that the Odebrecht scandal will help bring down....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly hope he's not involved since what he's doing in Santiago is unbelievable. I I've never seen a local government improve a city this much is such a short amount of time (In fact, not even in 4-6 years), and perhaps is because I am relatively young though even older people have pointed out how they've never seen a Santago so clean and organized.

7. Dislikes HIRAM disliked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

What a difference a good mayor makes!

The streets are well marked, clean, and everything looks neat. The camera doesn't shake much from potholes because they have been reduced to a minimum. The tunnels and elevados look very neat, as if they were built yesterday!

Nice!

Wish every Dominican city and town looked like this all the time.

Video is thanks to Gurabo444.

Btw, once you start the video on the lower right there's a round symbol. If you click on that, it will give you the option to upgrade (free) the quality of the video to HD. I highly recommend this to get the best video experience.
    Last edited by NALs; 06-30-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Moderator Polls Forum

9. Likes Naked_Snake, bachata liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Santiago's City Hall is making public its intention to enforce the anti-litter laws with severe fines and even prison. This warning is intented for individuals and companies.

Moderator Polls Forum

11. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    Santiago's City Hall is making public its intention to enforce the anti-litter laws with severe fines and even prison. This warning is intented for individuals and companies.

It's a start.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

....Has anybody else seen the police(pn) in Santiago patroling the neighborhoods alot?.....you know driving slow and looking around, with their lights flashing, they seem to also have new trucks... also military guys doing the same on motorcycles......Doc.......

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I see them throughout Los Alamos and Monte Verde a lot recently at all hours.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

HB? Why the dickins did you vote "bad? You know that the streets are clearner; that work has been carried out to collect garbage more efficiently, and"that the Police really are patrolling more areas. At least according to them, crime is down.

Okay, Little Dove, I will explain my negative vote. In the first place, I did not vote "horrible" because of the above-mentioned good things he is doing. In fact, he is working to bring awareness of the need to clean up the city. All to the good.

HOWEVER, my child, he is also spending RD$70 millions on a major boondoggle project in the median of the Duarte Highway entrance to Santiago/Monumental Avenue. From in front of the Fortaleza Fernando Valerio (Just past the HOMS clinic) all the way to the bridge before La Sirena of El Embrujo, they are building walking paths. Yess Little Dove, walking paths in the middle of a four lane highway filled with axxhole driver who give a big sh!t for human life. Questions from persons with some common sense abound.

1. How to get to the walking paths?

2. Will there be fencing along the entire way to avoid frisky children from running into traffic that is streaming along at 40 or 50 mph??

3. Will they build pedestrian crossings? You know, those metallic and concrete monstrosities that force you to go up three stories to get across a street?

4. Did anyone really think about this project? After all, you could "Make Santiago Beautiful" with some intelligent (oh sh!t, I am sorry, I forgot we are talking about politicians) planning of gardens....and a whole lot cheaper.

So there, Morning Dove, that is why I gave this kid, who studied with my daughter in law, so I know the fellow, I know who he is and where he came from....and what his grades were (!)...a vote of "bad"

Cordially,

An incensed HB

Moderator DR1.com

16. Likes jinty05, Juan Bosch liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast