View Poll Results: How do you rate Abel Martinez as mayor of Santiago?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent!

13 59.09%
  • Good

6 27.27%
  • OK

2 9.09%
  • Bad

1 4.55%
  • Horrible

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Abel Martínez and Santiago

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    ^^ Could be, but he's not the only one positioning for a run for the presidency.

He's doing a very good job while most of the others attempting to position themselves to put their buns on the ultimate chair on the land are not quite doing what Martínez has done and is doing in Santiago. Quite frankly, a Abel Martínez (as he is now) is what the DR needs on a nationwide scale. He gets things done and quite well.
    If he runs for president, I don't think he'll ru in the next elections, but rather in 2024. Anyways, I completely agree with you that this country needs an Abel in the Palacio Nacional.

2. Likes Caonabo, NALs liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The man is doing a good job.
    https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/yula.garcia.7

This event was today at La Villa olimpica santiago, remodel of Plaza de las Banderas.

Sent to me on a private FB message.

JJ

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Drove back from the capitol yesterday and happy to be back home in Santiago. The mayor is doing a great job in areas that effect people's day to day lives.
    If I could vote, he would have mine.

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Abel Martinez does it again!

"The names of the companies and businessmen that are reluctant to pay the taxes owed to the city of Santiago will be published on this sign."
    Ahem...

Ahem...

You do have to wonder if these companies are also charging ITBIS (sales tax) to customers and then pocketing the money.
    Last edited by NALs; 10-14-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Moderator Polls Forum

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahem...

Ahem...

You do have to wonder if these companies are also charging ITBIS (sales tax) to customers and then pocketing the money.
    Gee... ya think?

I wonder how much it costs to print those signs?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Gee... ya think?

I wonder how much it costs to print those signs?
    Don't ya know that he needs to increase tax collection in order to print.....lol

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of tax evasion, yesterday in the morning show El Día the Director of the DGII (Dominican IRS) said that ITBIS (sales tax) evasion is at 40%. This means that 40% of formal businesses that charge the sales tax to consumers don't give the money to the DGII, but instead pocket the extra money. He also said that the lowest evasion of ITBIS has been was 30%, which I think is still high.

Personal income tax evasion is OVER 60%! Keep in mind that poor people don't earn enough to qualify for personal income tax, so these are middle class people and up that are simply not paying their taxes.

These are evasions to the national government, there are taxes owed to certain cities and towns too, as is the case with Santiago.

With so much tax evasion and people want the government to give them smooth roads, state of the art schools, first world type hospitals, a well paid and functioning police force...

The mayor of Santiago is doing the right thing. I hope it has the desired effect.

Moderator Polls Forum

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Diario Libre reports that McDonald's, Coca Cola, and Orange Dominicana paid their backed taxes to the city of Santiago. As a result, their names were eliminated from the sign.

Tres empresas de las morosas ya le han pagado al Ayuntamiento de Santiago

Moderator Polls Forum

10. Likes Caonabo liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234