High Carribean

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i wasn't around when the old high carribean was open years ago. can i get some history on this place ? where is the new carribean located ? same place ?

i've been busy taking 300.00 round trip visits to Costa Rica for the past 3 years. ;)

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Same place. But you better hurry if you want to see it before it closes again.

2u5yqsx.jpg

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=4840&article=1

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
very true. shelf life of discos can be rather short in sosua. location ?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
very true. shelf life of discos can be rather short in sosua. location ?

A larger disco at the east end of Pedro Clisante. Not near center of town, which means walking there is not going to happen for most people. It was one of the nicer places in Sosua, back when I arrived about 14 years ago.

Probably will close again before Ahnvee, just a hop, skip and jump down the same street from it, does.

Neither stands to last long.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
15 years ago it was packed. The only Disco in Sosua. There were more hookers per square feet than oranges in Florida.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
15 years ago it was packed. The only Disco in Sosua. There were more hookers per square feet than oranges in Florida.

And that is probably all one needs to know about the history of the place. The future is quite certain.

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
Well, what was the odds of AD landing on his feet again; think we should start taking odds on how many times he has left.... he's a heck off a survivor.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, what was the odds of AD landing on his feet again; think we should start taking odds on how many times he has left.... he's a heck off a survivor.

He may be a heck of a survivor, but his efforts would be better spent in another part of the country.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
imo, and many others , This place will be closed within months . This guy just does not get it, they don't want him in Sosua running any bar, especially one with young girls , even if its a LEGIT Bar . And he Seems to have problems getting along with every Partner he has ever worked with as well. Not to mention his other personal issues and History.
He was a nice guy in the old days when he owned Black Box on the Beach. .Fun place.. but he became very Dark at some point ... this wont end well.
But I wish him well, maybe it will be a huge Success, with Cruise ship passengers flocking to this Hot "Disco" to learn to dance Bachata and packing the place each night. Its a big Place ..

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
imo, and many others , This place will be closed within months . This guy just does not get it, they don't want him in Sosua running any bar, especially one with young girls , even if its a LEGIT Bar . And he Seems to have problems getting along with every Partner he has ever worked with as well. Not to mention his other personal issues and History.
He was a nice guy in the old days when he owned Black Box on the Beach. .Fun place.. but he became very Dark at some point ... this wont end well.
But I wish him well, maybe it will be a huge Success, with Cruise ship passengers flocking to this Hot "Disco" to learn to dance Bachata and packing the place each night. Its a big Place ..

If it has to use your words "young girls" it is not a legit bar.
Der Fish

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
He didn't land on his feet leaving the last place. I heard he got thrown out on his rear end. He doesn't play well with others, so he has to move around a lot.

I do see he took a couple of girls with him from the last place.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A big place with many employees

He did that already....before sosua he was in Boca chica

Why does that location not surprise me? It is not the part of the DR I was thinking about for "success".

The current location is a big place indeed and those are a lot of employees. After the grand opening and a couple of weeks go by, there will probably be more employees than clients.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
When I first arrived here (circa 2005), HighCaribbean was already closed. "Old Timers" told me it had been the place to be if you liked discos.  But they also told me the two most popular bars "on the strip" back then were Dominos and the Four Roses (by the Europa Hotel). 

Now IIRC, didn't High Caribbean reopen maybe 5 years or so ago ?  There were big banners hanging across PC announcing the GRAND REOPENING! (Which was scheduled for early Dec, but was postponed , then postponed again.  I went back to the USA for Xmas, and when I returned towards the end of January, it had already gone out of business.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Security should be good though as it's located right across the street from the new police station (CESTUR). 

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
From the pics seems he has more Haitian employees than Dominican.
No doubt they have a long and prosperous future ahead of them.

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
It was the most fun one could have in Sousa at the time. I went there practically every night. One of its best features was that you could see practically everybody upon entering the place. The actual disco floor was the lowest point and everything else was elevated. Girls were 300 - 500 pesos for all night attention, and were happy, charming and sweet. In fact, they had gratitude that you decided to spend time with them. Sexually transmitted diseases were not prevalent at this time so one could have a care-free experience. Theft or robbery was very rare which allowed one to bring two (or even three) girls back to your place for a fun-filled evening. This place was better than what you could find at the time in Costa Rica, Colombia, Brazil, Panama, Thailand or the Philippines. Silly me, I thought it would last forever.