Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Safeguard Vehicle Parked on the Street

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    But one who knows how can slide a wire up from below and sprijg the latch. A body shop buy showed that to me 30years ago.

Der Fish
    In a matter of seconds actually for somebody who knows what they're doing.

it amazes me how many people do not use battery tie downs or even bother to tighten the clamps on the terminals. .

2. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    In a matter of seconds actually for somebody who knows what they're doing.

it amazes me how many people do not use battery tie downs or even bother to tighten the clamps on the terminals. .
    My solution after losing a couple of batteries over the years. pull it out an put it in the house. even had a cage made for the battery and they still got it. So now in the house. don't tighten the cables just pull them loose an move it.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    My solution after losing a couple of batteries over the years. pull it out an put it in the house. even had a cage made for the battery and they still got it. So now in the house. don't tighten the cables just pull them loose an move it.
    I punched a hole thru the hood and put a bolt coming up and a padlock on it. It was a junktype vehicle anyway. But they still cut the lock and took the battery.
    Der Fish

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i got my battery stolen twice in a year. so now I have bought a new expensive battery and have actually welded the battery frame so no one can it. if they want to steal my battery, they better bring metal cutters.
    AZB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I punched a hole thru the hood and put a bolt coming up and a padlock on it. It was a junktype vehicle anyway. But they still cut the lock and took the battery.
    Der Fish
    Did this happen overnight on your property or parked at a public place?

Should have wired the lock into the current, at least give 'em a little shock therapy for their crime.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Get some fish hooks and crazy glue them to the side (or handle) of the battery you would normally lift it from. When the pos battery thief grabs a hold of it he has a big decision to make. Does he keep holding it or loose a good chunk of flesh on your battery.
    Either way it makes for good entertainment.

8. Likes Derfish liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz65 View Post
    Did this happen overnight on your property or parked at a public place?

Should have wired the lock into the current, at least give 'em a little shock therapy for their crime.
    It obviously was friends of the woman I lived with's kids, because my 40 pound dog didn't say shyt. I had bought a padlock and given the lady one key. After the battery disappeared the second time i aske dher where the key was and she couldn't produce it. SO I am of the opinion that someone say it lying on the table and figured out what it was for. It was another 90 days later the the battery went, but Those are still my thoughts on the matter. She is the same one who hid my passport when I was scheduling a trip away. She later admitted that when I left her for the last time. And she extorted 10,000 pesos out of me to let me have my passport. But i would have had to bribe the cops with at least that much to force her to give it to me I was advised by people who should know.
    Der Fish

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    i got my battery stolen twice in a year. so now I have bought a new expensive battery and have actually welded the battery frame so no one can it. if they want to steal my battery, they better bring metal cutters.
    AZB
    Don't worry they have metal cutters!
    Der Fish

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It obviously was friends of the woman I lived with's kids, because my 40 pound dog didn't say shyt. I had bought a padlock and given the lady one key. After the battery disappeared the second time i aske dher where the key was and she couldn't produce it. SO I am of the opinion that someone say it lying on the table and figured out what it was for. It was another 90 days later the the battery went, but Those are still my thoughts on the matter. She is the same one who hid my passport when I was scheduling a trip away. She later admitted that when I left her for the last time. And she extorted 10,000 pesos out of me to let me have my passport. But i would have had to bribe the cops with at least that much to force her to give it to me I was advised by people who should know.
    Der Fish
    DF, That sucks. Is this a cultural thing with the women or what? Was hoping to meet a beauty one day there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12