How to Safeguard Vehicle Parked on the Street

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Chain it to a lamp post......

2yy4m7k.jpg

... but, not the "plastic" lamp posts they use in Santiago!

This gave me a good laugh when I saw it, reminded me of seeing bikes chained to lamp posts, street sign posts, etc. back in the States.

The plastic lamp posts in Santiago are a "push" over. ;) lol

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Is this make and model of mini truck a red hot theft item in SD? Does not look like it to me. I guess if its all you have its a Rolls Royce to you.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
ever heard of dominican bolt cutters ? just steal the lamp post. :classic:

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
I saw a guy open his hood, get out of the car and disconnect the battery. Thought that was a pretty good idea. LOL Hood only opens from inside.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I saw a guy open his hood, get out of the car and disconnect the battery. Thought that was a pretty good idea. LOL Hood only opens from inside.

But one who knows how can slide a wire up from below and sprijg the latch. A body shop buy showed that to me 30years ago.

Der Fish

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
But one who knows how can slide a wire up from below and sprijg the latch. A body shop buy showed that to me 30years ago.

Der Fish

In a matter of seconds actually for somebody who knows what they're doing.

it amazes me how many people do not use battery tie downs or even bother to tighten the clamps on the terminals. .

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
In a matter of seconds actually for somebody who knows what they're doing.

it amazes me how many people do not use battery tie downs or even bother to tighten the clamps on the terminals. .

My solution after losing a couple of batteries over the years. pull it out an put it in the house. even had a cage made for the battery and they still got it. So now in the house. don't tighten the cables just pull them loose an move it.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
My solution after losing a couple of batteries over the years. pull it out an put it in the house. even had a cage made for the battery and they still got it. So now in the house. don't tighten the cables just pull them loose an move it.

I punched a hole thru the hood and put a bolt coming up and a padlock on it. It was a junktype vehicle anyway. But they still cut the lock and took the battery.
Der Fish

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i got my battery stolen twice in a year. so now I have bought a new expensive battery and have actually welded the battery frame so no one can it. if they want to steal my battery, they better bring metal cutters.
AZB

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
I punched a hole thru the hood and put a bolt coming up and a padlock on it. It was a junktype vehicle anyway. But they still cut the lock and took the battery.
Der Fish

Did this happen overnight on your property or parked at a public place?

Should have wired the lock into the current, at least give 'em a little shock therapy for their crime.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Get some fish hooks and crazy glue them to the side (or handle) of the battery you would normally lift it from. When the pos battery thief grabs a hold of it he has a big decision to make. Does he keep holding it or loose a good chunk of flesh on your battery.
Either way it makes for good entertainment.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Did this happen overnight on your property or parked at a public place?

Should have wired the lock into the current, at least give 'em a little shock therapy for their crime.

It obviously was friends of the woman I lived with's kids, because my 40 pound dog didn't say shyt. I had bought a padlock and given the lady one key. After the battery disappeared the second time i aske dher where the key was and she couldn't produce it. SO I am of the opinion that someone say it lying on the table and figured out what it was for. It was another 90 days later the the battery went, but Those are still my thoughts on the matter. She is the same one who hid my passport when I was scheduling a trip away. She later admitted that when I left her for the last time. And she extorted 10,000 pesos out of me to let me have my passport. But i would have had to bribe the cops with at least that much to force her to give it to me I was advised by people who should know.
Der Fish

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
i got my battery stolen twice in a year. so now I have bought a new expensive battery and have actually welded the battery frame so no one can it. if they want to steal my battery, they better bring metal cutters.
AZB

Don't worry they have metal cutters!
Der Fish

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
It obviously was friends of the woman I lived with's kids, because my 40 pound dog didn't say shyt. I had bought a padlock and given the lady one key. After the battery disappeared the second time i aske dher where the key was and she couldn't produce it. SO I am of the opinion that someone say it lying on the table and figured out what it was for. It was another 90 days later the the battery went, but Those are still my thoughts on the matter. She is the same one who hid my passport when I was scheduling a trip away. She later admitted that when I left her for the last time. And she extorted 10,000 pesos out of me to let me have my passport. But i would have had to bribe the cops with at least that much to force her to give it to me I was advised by people who should know.
Der Fish

DF, That sucks. Is this a cultural thing with the women or what? Was hoping to meet a beauty one day there.