taxi from las americas to avenida luperon

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I have two questions ,,,,what is the approx. cost of a taxi and are they all 100% safe to take ,,,,this will be my first time taking a taxi on arrival
thanks in advance for replies

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The yellow shirt airport taxi guys are safe. You can book online. They give a price of $33 USD to Santo Domingo. I don't know if it would be a few dollars more because avenida luperon is on the very far end of Santo Domingo centro.

http://sichala.com/inicio/

There is also Uber who will pick you up on departure level provided you have the app and a data connection upon arrival. I am almost certain Uber would be a few dollars cheaper.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
The yellow shirt airport taxi guys are safe. You can book online. They give a price of $33 USD to Santo Domingo. I don't know if it would be a few dollars more because avenida luperon is on the very far end of Santo Domingo centro.

http://sichala.com/inicio/

There is also Uber who will pick you up on departure level provided you have the app and a data connection upon arrival. I am almost certain Uber would be a few dollars cheaper.

Last trip from SDQ to just by Club Espana which is a mile short of Luperon using SICHALA cost me RD1500 on a Saturday evening a couple of weeks back. Quick, safe and new air conditioned vehicle. I want to walk into the arrival hall and out the door and immediately into a taxi and that is the way to do it for me. In this instance it was 10 minutes from deplaning to getting in that taxi and half an hour later I was home....40 minutes from leaving the aircraft to entering my apartment 35 kms. away.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Talking about taxis....does anyone know if it's easy to get an Uber from SD to Las Americas at 5am?

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
thanks for replies`....seems an easy and reasonable trip ....I am arriving Tuesday about 9.30 am ....hopefully traffic wont be to bad on the way in

Sep 4, 2012
thanks for replies`....seems an easy and reasonable trip ....I am arriving Tuesday about 9.30 am ....hopefully traffic wont be to bad on the way in

Easy drive for the taxista. Straight shot from the airport through 27th Feb and up to Luperon. Traffic at that time would be crazy enough.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Talking about taxis....does anyone know if it's easy to get an Uber from SD to Las Americas at 5am?

Ask Hugo. He knows a guy from Venezuela, über driver, lives in my brother in laws street. Hard worker, he will do it.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Ask Hugo. He knows a guy from Venezuela, über driver, lives in my brother in laws street. Hard worker, he will do it.

Thanks! 
However, to be on the safe side, I already ordered a conventional taxi for tomorrow. 1300 pesos, that used to be more before the Uber era.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
I've used the taxis as you walk out the bottom (yellow, just to the left when you exit to the street) many times and with never any problem. Taxi drivers are good and fun to talk to, if you know spanish. Luperon should be 1500 pesos or maybe less now that Uber has created competition. Haven't used them in a couple of years as my wife usually picks me up at the airport now. But never had a safety issue in all the years I have been using them since 2007.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Do not take that those taxis big Bird is invested in. I tried it once just for a new experience and the driver never showed. Instead use uber. It's cheaper and just reliable.