Attorney Fee for Transferring Title

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Can anyone give me a ballpark cost for an attorney to transfer my condo title into my name once I have the existing title, sales contract and other related documents? In theory, I could do it myself, but like residency, I wouldn't dare. Is it a flat fee usually or based on the cost of the condo? Not the actual transfer fees...i know they are 3% of the sales price. Thanks!

AAIS

Feb 24, 2016
www.abreuimmigration.com
The standard rate is between 1% - 1.5% of the purchase price. I do not recommend doing it yourself since issues may arise during the process with the agencies involved including DGII and Jurisdiccion Inmobiliaria.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Thanks. No thought of doing it myself...just wanted to be sure I was quoted a reasonable price. I was. Thanks again. This site is a great resource...even though I've been here a while, there are things I find I do not know! :)

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Judypdr is correct: The standard rate is between 1% - 1.5% of the purchase price.
However, rates are lower for high-priced transactions and usually there is a minimum fee for very low-priced purchases.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
In my Real Estate days in Canada, we would have Law firms for full conveyance.
Fees:
Title Transmission: $0 to $500 Free
$501 to $8,400 $12.50
$8,401 and greater 0.15% of the value of the title

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
This is one of those countries where it is best to die owning nothing ..what between the lawyers and the government your beneficiaries will be lucky to see 50% of their bequest on your death . Nearly all my elderly friends have their homes in the names of young family members and have a long term rental agreement ..Of course you may have a falling out with your family but all things being equal sell the property to your family member ,rent it back and relax.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
1%!!? The buyer of my house pays USD1000 for making contracts , legalizing and doing the transfer (including government fees, except transfer tax if applies). Which amounts to 0.3%

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
This is one of those countries where it is best to die owning nothing ..what between the lawyers and the government your beneficiaries will be lucky to see 50% of their bequest on your death . Nearly all my elderly friends have their homes in the names of young family members and have a long term rental agreement ..Of course you may have a falling out with your family but all things being equal sell the property to your family member ,rent it back and relax.

sorry put this comment in the wrong thread..should be with death duties