Where is my post on Delancer HD cable TV - Canadian channels ?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Whole thread seems to have vanished.

I may have been the last one to post in it - Thx for mentioning the new channels. If you hadn't done so, I wouldn't have know to perform a rescan and never would have known of their availability. Watched CTV news last night at 6pm. :)

Delancer is pretty good at sending a bill reminder to the TV each month. Too bad they can't seem to send a message about channel lineup changes.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
You're welcome. There are also a number of new HD channels available now. But can anyone explain to them that what they are showing on CH 830, which is supposed to be Global Canada HD, is actually APTV. Aboriginal Peoples TV. I'm pretty sure NO ONE HERE HAS ANY INTEREST IN THIS FEED.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Whole thread seems to have vanished.

I may have been the last one to post in it - Thx for mentioning the new channels. If you hadn't done so, I wouldn't have know to perform a rescan and never would have known of their availability. Watched CTV news last night at 6pm. :)

Delancer is pretty good at sending a bill reminder to the TV each month. Too bad they can't seem to send a message about channel lineup changes.
how does one do a rescan?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Using your remote:

1) Press MENU
2) Select CHANNEL SEARCH
3) Select NIT SEARCH
4) Enter 0 for each password box
5) Press OK

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
While we are on tv questions. I have a Vizio tv with claro service. We installed the tv on the wall and now for some reason we are limited in the volume level. I have pushed every button on both of the remotes to no avail. The sound is just loud enough that if everyone shuts up you can hear it. Problem is its a Dominican household and everyone never shuts up. Anyone have and ideas besides toss out the Dominicans? Or is it time to trek down to Claro where they will have no idea whats going on.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
While we are on tv questions. I have a Vizio tv with claro service. We installed the tv on the wall and now for some reason we are limited in the volume level. I have pushed every button on both of the remotes to no avail. The sound is just loud enough that if everyone shuts up you can hear it. Problem is its a Dominican household and everyone never shuts up. Anyone have and ideas besides toss out the Dominicans? Or is it time to trek down to Claro where they will have no idea whats going on.

3 other options -

1. Change the TV.

2. Buy a sound amplifier

3. Buy hearing aid.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
For English Menus on Delancer:

1) Press MENU
2) Select SISTEMA
3) Enter 0 for each password box
4) Select AJUSTE OSD
5) Toggle IDOMA DE MENU to English
6) Press MENU once or twice to close the menu options.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I have a Vizio tv with claro service...

Something to consider. I'm not sure how you are controlling the output volume, wether by the TV remote or by the remote for the cable box. Depending on which you are using, you may need to ensure that other device is outputting the max possible volume. For example, if you use the cable box to control the volume, use your TV remote to turn up the volume on the TV and leave it at an acceptable level. If you use the TV remote, use the cable remote to turn the volume up on the cable box. Sometimes, there is a specific volume override setting for this in the cable box setup menu.

Caution: If you up the TV volume and ever attempt to watch something on that TV that bypasses the cable box, the program will start at an unexpected and overly loud volume.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Something to consider. I'm not sure how you are controlling the output volume, wether by the TV remote or by the remote for the cable box. Depending on which you are using, you may need to ensure that other device is outputting the max possible volume. For example, if you use the cable box to control the volume, use your TV remote to turn up the volume on the TV and leave it at an acceptable level. If you use the TV remote, use the cable remote to turn the volume up on the cable box. Sometimes, there is a specific volume override setting for this in the cable box setup menu.

Caution: If you up the TV volume and ever attempt to watch something on that TV that bypasses the cable box, the program will start at an unexpected and overly loud volume.

Interesting, thanks. There is no cable box connected. Connection goes directly into the wall.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Actually not true.
I thoroughly enjoy the APTN channel . When I am back in Canada.
I didn't even know I could get it here.
I use the I-net for all my programs on computer.
Being a Metis' I am quite interested in 'THIS FEED'.
I am a Western Buff and find that the best western movies can be found on APTN.... There are even some where the Indians beat the cowboys.
Although not too often, sad to say.

Russ