Flight from SDQ to Toronto

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Looking for flights from SDQ to Toronto in September and prices are about $700. I've also looked into stopping in various U.S. cities and taking a flight from there to Toronto and prices are less but not enough that they justify the risk of not being on the sane itinerary. Anyways....is the price that I am finding standard for that trip or does anyone have tips on a better airline to check that may not be showing up on the usual search engine?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You might have to travel up the toll road an hour to AZS - El Catey/Samana

WestJet, Air Canada fly into there.
September isn't the full schedule but it's good enough.

quick check @ WestJet shows just over $500US round trip all month... about normal

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Looking for flights from SDQ to Toronto in September and prices are about $700. I've also looked into stopping in various U.S. cities and taking a flight from there to Toronto and prices are less but not enough that they justify the risk of not being on the sane itinerary. Anyways....is the price that I am finding standard for that trip or does anyone have tips on a better airline to check that may not be showing up on the usual search engine?

Wow which airline is flying directly to Toronto?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

quick check @ WestJet shows just over $500US round trip all month... about normal

Sorry I posted and didn't you your reply.

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
A heads up about WestJet.
WestJet is Canadian, so it's website shows prices in Canadian dollars. (example $345)

Except..... when booking from the DR (oneway or return).
For this, the website will show these Fares in USD, but not discernibly. (example $345)
They don't tip their hand to this when selecting a flight, but the total shows as USD on the next page. (example 345 USD)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

That makes little sense as advice. By the time you either rent a car or have a car and driver bring you back to Santo Domingo and then back to El Catey you will not save any money.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A heads up about WestJet.
WestJet is Canadian, so it's website shows prices in Canadian dollars. (example $345)

Except..... when booking from the DR (oneway or return).
For this, the website will show these Fares in USD, but not discernibly. (example $345)
They don't tip their hand to this when selecting a flight, but the total shows as USD on the next page. (example 345 USD)

This is true. Canadians can get around this by booking a Westjet flight through a Canadian third party travel company. For example, booking a flight originating in the DR with selloffvacations rather than directly from Westjet allows one to purchase using $CDN. Tickets purchased directly from Westjet for flights that originate in Canada are always priced in $CDN.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Nothing from SDQ to YYZ - to my knowledge.

POP and AZS -- other than Punta Cana

Air Transat operate seasonal flights every saturday from Toronto to Santo Domingo in winter, they started last winter and this year they added a flight from Montreal too. Starting on Dic 23

http://www.airtransat.com/en-CA/Destinations-from-Canada/South/Dominican-Republic/Dominican-Republic-must-see-Destinations/Santo-Domingo?opentab=photo

Priceces changes, few days ago I was checking SDQ-YYZ and the price was 448.00 US Dollars. Flights to Montreal are more expensive thatn to Toronto, you can check both routes

Another option is from La Romana.

Last edited:

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Last year I flew out of Puerto Plata to Montreal. Ticket was around USD$465. Back into POP, I took a bus from POP to SD. Overall, it was fairly cheap. If you don't want to go to the north coast, Why not check Punta Cana as an alternative?

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Thanks to all for the replies. As this will be my first time traveling to Canada, I wasn't familiar with the routes or the easiest/best way to get there from DR.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I have picked up incoming from Toronto at POP from Jetblue as well as Westjet. over the last few years. No idea if they are still flying that route or not.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
North coast is POP & AZS

East coast is obvious....

Similar distances - IMO... north and east coasts

Prices may be better on the east.
I am unfamiliar with the charter airlines