Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 181

Thread: Odebrecht scandal

  1. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Today's Washington Post
    Bribery scandal met with near-silence in Dominican Republic

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...6fd_story.html
    Moderator East Coast Forum


    www.DR1.com

  2. Likes Juan Bosch liked this post
  3. #12
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Foxes running the hen house.

  4. #13
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Actually, what happened is the Attorney General of DR has said all the names of possible bribe acceptors will be released on May 19th.
    I wonder could you bet against that happening in one of the big casinos in vegas ?

  5. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
  6. #14
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I that article:

    Government critics hope the silence will break Friday when Odebrecht is expected to reveal the recipients of its bribes in the Dominican Republic under a deal that protected the Brazilian construction company from prosecution and allowed it to keep doing business in the country.

  7. #15
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    607
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I that article:

    Government critics hope the silence will break Friday when Odebrecht is expected to reveal the recipients of its bribes in the Dominican Republic under a deal that protected the Brazilian construction company from prosecution and allowed it to keep doing business in the country.
    Hopefully they will also disclose how much each one received to add up to $100 million. That's the only way you can be 100% sure that there aren't any scapegoats or fall guys.

  8. Dislikes southern disliked this post
  9. #16
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Yesterday, they said the names will NOT be revealed on Friday, Today

    Yesterday on DR TV, an announcement was made that the names of the corrupt people would not be released on Friday, May 19. Anyone have an update on this?

  10. #17
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Odebrecht: the largest corruption network in Latin America


  11. #18
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Yesterday on DR TV, an announcement was made that the names of the corrupt people would not be released on Friday, May 19. Anyone have an update on this?
     

    They're stalling.  Today's DR1 news says they will be released, after all the documents are scanned. 




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  12. #19
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No names yet?

  13. #20
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
     

    They're stalling.  Today's DR1 news says they will be released, after all the documents are scanned. 
    By scanned I presume they mean "read". Then they went out to find someone who can't read. That was just the easy part.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •