Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House vs Condo vs Apartment?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There are many many incredible roof top terraces with condos in the two places we are most frequently. You have to buy on the top floor.

We are currently in a "penthouse" with a great rooftop terrace. Not an expensive place either. This one is not well landscaped but great potential. The key is privacy. Many have jaccuzzi, kitchen, etc. We looked at one in PC Village recently with this. But, not much privacy. Not a good thing that.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Apartment with a rooftop terrace is the best of both worlds. Have patience and look and you may find a jewel if you are looking for a city dwelling. 
    Last edited by Dolores; 06-14-2017 at 12:57 PM.

3. Likes franco1111 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk to the Bird... the Big one

He lives high above the rest of us 

And Franco.... a penthouse roof would be my choice 

5. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

BigBird can afford to. He controls the taxi monopoly at Las Americas. (wink)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Talk to the Bird... the Big one

He lives high above the rest of us 

And Franco.... a penthouse roof would be my choice 
    This place is good. The other night we watched a killer fireworks show that was at one of the hotels nearby. From the rooftop terrace. My wife, from La Romana, thought it was gun fire at first and would not go outside. I laugh. But for her of course it is not a laughing matter. Later she came out.

But, remember also it is best to run a water line to the terrace. To water the plants, trees, etc. If you have privacy. This one doesn't have enough, but it is low season and there are no loud neighbors.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by franco1111 View Post
    This place is good. The other night we watched a killer fireworks show that was at one of the hotels nearby. From the rooftop terrace. My wife, from La Romana, thought it was gun fire at first and would not go outside. I laugh. But for her of course it is not a laughing matter. Later she came out.

But, remember also it is best to run a water line to the terrace. To water the plants, trees, etc. If you have privacy. This one doesn't have enough, but it is low season and there are no loud neighbors.
    (And a drain of course. And make sure the roof can hold the weight of whatever - jaccuzzi, kitchen, trees.)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

And when life becomes too much to bear....

Sayonara..... swan dive to eternity.....

My new property is directly above the cemetery.... just a short trip down 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12