Thread: Internet in Limòn?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Internet in Limòn?

I have friends that are thinking of moving to Limòn (between Las Terrenas and Samaná). Does anyone know if high-speed internet has arrived there yet? They would need stable internet, not just a USB-type Orange internet. 

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Silkglobal sucks,there is one that is ok with office in Las Terrenas in mall directly across from  Pola enterance;on second floor.do not remember name.
    Bob

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Outside of the Big 3, SD-STI-PC, doesnt the rest of the island have **** internet?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    Outside of the Big 3, SD-STI-PC, doesnt the rest of the island have **** internet?

No,you are talking about el Limón which has nothing but Colmado’s ;cascades and no more.
    I have liveried here for 15 years but have a house in SD where I go every month or so to survive.
    Bob

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    I have friends that are thinking of moving to Limòn (between Las Terrenas and Samaná). Does anyone know if high-speed internet has arrived there yet? They would need stable internet, not just a USB-type Orange internet. 
    Where in Limon? There are some beautiful spots out that way but I would be more worried about security?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    Where in Limon? There are some beautiful spots out that way but I would be more worried about security?
    Looks like jaguarbob survived for 15 years

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    I have a friend who bought an Orange wifi modem. It is portable and has very very fast speeds. In Samana he gets a great signal from the cell towers. The speed is dependent upon your location to a cell tower. I do not know if Orange provides a good signal in El Limon. I would recommend borrowing one of these units and trying it at your specific location.